Gooty Sapphire

DeTwan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Does anyone know where I can purchase a Gooty. No one I know seems to know where to purchase one. Thx

bushbuster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The prices on these seem a bit ridiculous, kinda like when the Sharpei dog came on the scene to the tune of 2500.00, and everyone just HAD to have one!!

Last edited:

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
michael jacobi has 2-3 inchers for $250. look him up. there have been like 3 posts on where to buy P. Metallica's in the last week on here...so do a search and you will probly get a few other sources by which you can aquire one.

DeTwan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am located in Dallas. I have tried to get ahold of Jacobi in the past few days through Email but he has not responed to any of my messages. There is a herp convention coming up in the next week or two down here and I hope someone will have one for sale, but that is doubtful. I just dont think there is anyone selling slings at this point in the US. Please, if anyone would like to sell there Gooty let me know.

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am located in Dallas. I have tried to get ahold of Jacobi in the past few days through Email but he has not responed to any of my messages. There is a herp convention coming up in the next week or two down here and I hope someone will have one for sale, but that is doubtful. I just dont think there is anyone selling slings at this point in the US. Please, if anyone would like to sell there Gooty let me know.
there's no tellin'. he might be out of the country, just hasnt gotten online, etc. etc. ive had problems with getting in touch with him before as well and he live 20 mins from me! {D he must have the worst luck with email as well because ive sent him emails and he has replied but i never recieved them in my inbox...so that could be another reason.

Rizzolo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
this should really be in a different thread probably, but i also have been really frustrated getting hold of Michael Jacobi recently and he has seem really scattered about filling orders, even though he still posts adverts nearly every day. when i scream loud enough, he responds right away. I have loved the animals he send me though, so i let him do his thing. i think he is working through some stuff.

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
this should really be in a different thread probably, but i also have been really frustrated getting hold of Michael Jacobi recently and he has seem really scattered about filling orders, even though he still posts adverts nearly every day. when i scream loud enough, he responds right away. I have loved the animals he send me though, so i let him do his thing. i think he is working through some stuff.
he is...not to mention he is lecturing at the BTS banquet in 2 weeks...so im sure that has him a bit frazzled as well.

DeTwan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well,
I guessing if he had a 300-400 dollar spider for sale he would have reponded at the drop of a dime. I'm guessing that it has already been sold know how popular they are.

billopelma

Arachnolord
Old Timer
... how popular they are.
A lot of people say they want 'em but when it comes down to laying out the cash, not many step up. The last one I recall being offered here by a 'private party'( I think it was a 2.5" female), started at $250 and after weeks of price drops, ended up selling for $175, shipped.

Bill

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well,
I guessing if he had a 300-400 dollar spider for sale he would have reponded at the drop of a dime. I'm guessing that it has already been sold know how popular they are.
LOL! do you know who Michael Jacobi IS?! if there was a god, if you will, over the arachno hobby...it would be HIM! if you ever get a reply back from him...consider yourself very lucky. he doesnt put spiders up for sale because he needs the money. he does it because he needs the space or just wants other people to be able to experience having one for themselves. in addition to lecturing at the British Tarantula Society...then going straight to Stutgard Germany for another lecture, he also runs a VERY informative website, and publishes the ONLY arachnid periodical...

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A lot of people say they want 'em but when it comes down to laying out the cash, not many step up. The last one I recall being offered here by a 'private party'( I think it was a 2.5" female), started at $250 and after weeks of price drops, ended up selling for $175, shipped.

Bill
i couldnt agree more! i WISH someone would offer me a guranteed female for 250!!! id grab it up and QUICK!

DeTwan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
LOL. Okay, so sorry. I sure hope I hear back from GOD, but I doubt I will.

DeTwan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well after all my praying GOD answered me. I finally got in touch with Micheal, I think I might be getting my spider. I am a little if'y about this guy if you all say he takes a while to send out his stuff. This guy is a reliable source, right?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well after all my praying GOD answered me. I finally got in touch with Micheal, I think I might be getting my spider. I am a little if'y about this guy if you all say he takes a while to send out his stuff. This guy is a reliable source, right?
Well as you can tell he is highly regarded by almost everyone on this board so why would you doubt the opinions of that many people? Yes he is upstanding and will not rip you off...........

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
This guy is a reliable source, right?
Jacobi? Don't worry man, he's very well known and respected.

I've got to go prepare my burnt offerings of crickets and roaches to the god Jacobi.

-Sean

spiDERanged

Arachnopeon
Patience is a virtue... No patience + no virtue = no tarantula keeping :embarrassed:

Jacobi is a well respected individual in the arachnid world. He also is ,im quite sure, a very busy man. He probably gets more email in a day than some of us get in a year (excluding spam :( ). There are a few other very reputable dealers who may be able to get you a p. met even though there are still relatively few successful breeders of that specific species in the states. That is one particular reason that their cost seems excessively high. A little homework would have shed some light on this, especially since a $250+ rarely bred species is the subject matter here. :p

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi what is a gooty sapphire :confused: i never heard of one :? i am in the u.k. whats it look like:? :confused: :8o -- phil