Goodbye from me...

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hey guys

well, i never thought it would come to this... but who said life was predictable? :p
I'll be sending away my last few scorpions tomorrow, here by ending a good 10 years of scorpion-keeping, a good ten years spent with you guys, giving and taking advice.

Its torn me apart to see my beloved scorpions go, first of all my buthids.. then the chaerilus, and most importantly my lovely swammerdami's, i really hope these guys will become more prevalent in the world, so you can all share this absolutely incredible species, beats all the other 30 or so species ive kept hands down

Don't know why im writing this post... but i've learned everything i know from this place, ive obtained all my contacts here, all my 'scorpion mates', everything.... is owed to AB, an incredible thanks to the AB guys and admins (and ex-admins :p) and there are way too many nice guys to mention!

i love you guys ;) and i wish you all many scorplings, succeseful breeding programs and safe keeping!

vaya con dios!
George

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have only been here a short time yet I have seen you contribute tremendously and admirably to this forum.

I wish it wasn't so but goodbye fellow friend of the fascinating world of scorpions.

Don't be a stranger and always know your absence will be quite noticable.

Charlie_Scorp

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
George! It is a sad day indeed. You sold me my first scorpion and I thank you for that and the advice you have given me. In the short time since, I now have 19 and growing. AB is the one stop shop for husbandry advise and brilliantly, there is also a contingent of scientific minds tinkering with ideas. Crutially it is only the people that make it, people like yourself.

I hope you wont mind if I still ask the occasional question. :)

All the best with your degree!

Charlie

TNeal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Don't Give Up George

I know what it feels like to have to give up your beloved pets. In the past 3 years I have had to give up many of my animals due to health issues and finances.

In the past three years I had to give up my beloved bassett hound "Chester", a beautiful breeding pair of red tail boas, milk snakes, ball python, some very rare and beautiful marine fish (I used to make my living breeding/raising tropical fish) I have had to give up too many animals to list here.

I loved all of them dearly and many were involved in various breeding projects. It has devestated me to see all of my critters leave me.

But, I know I will be able to keep many critters again, godwilling. If my health and finances finally improve. I guess I am just saying keep up your chin as things will change and you will get more critters again.

Take care my friend and may god bless your future endevours,

Tom

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It sounds like you're totally dropping out(?) I've gone in and out of keeping this stuff over the last few decades. Dropping out again for a while has crossed my mind lately. I like to have at least one or two things to take a look at though. Good luck wherever you're headed!

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I"m so sorry to hear this George! I've learned a lot about keeping scorpions, heterometrus sp. espicially, on here from you over the last couple yrs I'ved been on the boards. You are such a neat guy and you will be missed! I've gotten the nerve to get my belly button pierced from your encouragment, even though I'm not a young thing. I have found an artist in CA to do the drawing and do my "little beaver" tattoo low on my belly like I've wanted. I'll do that the next time I visit my daughter in CA. Sorry you've felt that you have to sell your inverts. Remember, some folks sell thiers off and then end up getting them later on if/when their circumstances change. I've not always agreed with your political opinions on the polotics of the world, but have had great respect of your opinions because you are very good at stating your point and debating things. Maybe you can lurk on here sometimes and put in a few good words? I guess it could hurt though, and you would rather not. Whatever you do, take care of yourself and find some way to stay involved.

Sharon

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Farewell :D

George! Thanks to you again for all your help in the past. it has been greatly appreciated and though it is sad to see you leave I wish you the best in all of your endevours. Take care!

Sincierly,
Christopher

Last edited:

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
...I wish I knew what a good reason for arachnids behind was, George I have read plenty of your post to know that you are a person who feels very strongly towards the scorpion trade, but why are you leaving? It better be a good reason!

dazbuzz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i don't even know who you are and i'm sad your leaving lol.why do you need too sell all your inverts?. none of my business but why?.

Vixvy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hay....thou we haven't had any business still your my idol! If ever you will be back I'd be glad to give you some lure for you to start all over again. Good luck man!

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It's been a pleasure and very informative to read your many contributions to this forum.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

rex_arachne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
it is sad to see you go. this is a sad day indeed in AB. i will miss your informative/important/sensible posts. :(

redhourglass

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello George,

Man, this is bad news. I remember when you started posting back in the days of the scorpionfans at yahoo groups and have marveled at how much you have learned over the years. You have been a cornerstone in the hobby especially with the genus Heterometrus on AB. Your experience will be missed if you discontinue posting. People come and go but your perseverance has always been a positive.

I and the Scorpion SiteRing wish you the best with future endevours.

All the best !

Sinc. Chad

drapion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I hate to see you leave this hobby but I know you will be back some day..So I know it sucks right now but I'll see you posting again before to long..Are you going off to school?

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Wow G! :eek: Well in case you're not comming back to the hobby or not planning on visiting this board anymore (eventhough we've not talked much personally in the last months (yes, my remaining emps are fine ;) )) - It was great knowing ya and I wish you the best whatever you stick your fingers into in the future. But let's just hope and gamble on that this will be a break, not a goodbye :)

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thank you.

George,

Thank you for all the knowledge you've shared with us. I guess I'm lucky I got the opportunity exchange ideas with you. I will forever be grateful to you for teaching me how to properly pack inverts and how to identify heterometrus species.

I hope you would still share some inputs every now and then.;)

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Well, that's it then. The moment is not without nostalgia -- I still recall the young lad from the UK who wanted to get the Couzijn paper -- but I know that you will apply yourself with the same meticulous dedication in your future endevours as you have with scorpions. Hopefully one day you will find yourself back (life has a funny way of working out like that).

Cheers,
Dave

SimplengGarapal

Arachnopeon
Sad to see you leaving George. I may not have interacted much with you but indeed you've shared a lot for this hobby.

Just a tip though, write down your Username and Password and keep it in your wallet so you won't forget just in case you would check the boards once in a while. Goodluck and Thank you!

Gian

Rigelus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Don't they let you keep scorpions in Wandsworth George..;), what a cheek eh!

Seriously though, the Chaerilus are still doing well so hopefully you'll be able to have a few of them back if/when we see you again.

Have a good one.