Good Terrestrial T For a Novice (not as a first T)

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Hello everyone. I want to get the "perfect T" for me. Here's what I want-
1. A sling.
2. Not something too expensive.
3. Not an arboreal/burrows.
4. Easy to buy/common.
5. Slightly fast, but not to a point where it is a giant burden to move.
6. New-World.
7. Nice color.
8. Not something EXTREMELY easy. (definitely no G. Rosea)
9. Becomes pretty large.
10. Urticating hairs at a minimum.
11. Aggressive eater (not needed).
Does anyone have an idea of which T would fit this criteria? It doesn't need to follow everything on the list, but I'm really hoping I can find a T that will. Currently, I have a G. Pulchra. If something has been mentioned, please just +1 it.

Last edited:

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
GBB (Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens)
Meets most of your criteria.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I've been thinking about getting one of those, but they're expensive and my parents don't want me spending too much money on Ts. I don't blame them; if I had no restrictions, I'd be past broke. I would owe money.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Though.. Not the most colorful.. I have to suggest getting an LP.. They are amazing.. :D

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Grammostola pulchripes. Cheap, terrestrial, common, somewhat skittish, NW, yellow highlights and a red iridescence on the carapace, 7" DLS, not particularly prone to kicking hairs, aggressive eater. Only problem might be the ease of care.

If you want something more maintenance intensive, consider Pamphobeteus species. Not particularly cheap, but I'm sure you can find some of the more common species for under $60 as spiderlings now.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Grammostola pulchripes. Cheap, terrestrial, common, somewhat skittish, NW, yellow highlights and a red iridescence on the carapace, 7" DLS, not particularly prone to kicking hairs, aggressive eater. Only problem might be the ease of care.

If you want something more maintenance intensive, consider Pamphobeteus species. Not particularly cheap, but I'm sure you can find some of the more common species for under $60 as spiderlings now.
Anubis77, I really don't want a Pulchripes. Personally, I find that their color patterns lack personality.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Anubis77, I really don't want a Pulchripes. Personally, I find that their color patterns lack personality.
If you think a pulchripes color lacks personality... Then an LP might not be for you... Here is a shot of my 5.5" male... The can look like this until they hit the 7" mark.. If its a male.. It can always look like this..

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not really.. I have already seen one in the F/S section.. Not even 5 minutes ago.. For $15 plus shipping..

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Brachypelma emilia then? Unlike some of their relatives, I don't think these are as skittish. You can't disagree with the colors on those.

When we start talking color, it's hard not to move into skittish/defensive arboreals. With the rest of your criteria for terrestrials, I can only think of Nhandu chromatus and Nhandu coloratovillosus. They're kickers, but still 10/11 criteria met. Unless white and red's not your thing.

Smitty78

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hm, an LP. LP, LP. *searches LP* Huh, LP...L to the P...What's an LP?
Burtsnow, (buy an LP)

Why do you continue to start polluting threads that have been repeated over and over?

I'll start by referencing one of your statements on our email exchanges. (Yes, I was in desperate need of containers at the time and I didn't even notice you had Ts). Really? Maybe I'm dumb, or maybe I'm ignorant when our homepage has nothing about the vials you ordered. It does however have the 5 best sellers, and 5 newest items.

Do us all a favor! Think before you type. It's not really that hard.. Your brain has to process it before your fingers move.

Smitty78

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Burtsnow, (buy an LP)

Why do you continue to start polluting threads that have been repeated over and over?

I'll start by referencing one of your statements on our email exchanges. (Yes, I was in desperate need of containers at the time and I didn't even notice you had Ts). Really? Maybe I'm dumb, or maybe I'm ignorant when our homepage has nothing about the vials you ordered. It does however have the 5 best sellers, and 5 newest items.

Do us all a favor! Think before you type. It's not really that hard.. Your brain has to process it before your fingers move.

Smitty78
Geez, what's your problem? Chill a bit. First off, I was given a link to the vials. At the time, my priority (no pun intended) was to find something to house my Ts. Also, the "beginner T" threads don't tell me anything different. I was trying to specify what T I wanted when making this thread. Now that it has been answered, there is no need for you to even post in this thread.

Try to do yourself a favor first and follow your own information. You just lost a costumer.

Smitty78

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Geez, what's your problem? Chill a bit. First off, I was given a link to the vials. At the time, my priority (no pun intended) was to find something to house my Ts. Also, the "beginner T" threads don't tell me anything different. I was trying to specify what T I wanted when making this thread. Now that it has been answered, there is no need for you to even post in this thread.

Try to do yourself a favor first and follow your own information. You just lost a costumer.
Glad to hear. LP it is! No worries, I'm in no need of a "costumer" I already had my haloween costume picked out ;)

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hello everyone. I want to get the "perfect T" for me. Here's what I want-
1. A sling.
2. Not something too expensive.
3. Not an arboreal/burrows.
4. Easy to buy/common.
5. Slightly fast, but not to a point where it is a giant burden to move.
6. New-World.
7. Nice color.
8. Not something EXTREMELY easy. (definitely no G. Rosea)
9. Becomes pretty large.
10. Urticating hairs at a minimum.
11. Aggressive eater (not needed).
Does anyone have an idea of which T would fit this criteria? It doesn't need to follow everything on the list, but I'm really hoping I can find a T that will. Currently, I have a G. Pulchra. If something has been mentioned, please just +1 it.
the # on the sp means they have that attribute that you are looking for

grammostola pulchripes = 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 ( colorful and get to7-8")

Brachypelma Vagans = 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

Brachypelma albopilusum = 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9,10,11 ( nice and bulky like a pulchra) I will go for this <---- :)

Brachypelma Sabulosum = 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 (they catch their prey into mid air)

Brachypelma Angustum = 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 ( they catch their prey into mid air)

Lasiodora Parahybana = 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 ( can rival the T blondi in size )

Pamphobeteus Platyomma 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 ( very colorful and big specially the male they are cobalt pink)

Pamphobeteus Nigricolor 1,2,3,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 ( very colorful and big, males are blue)

I have them all and i can sell you some but unfortunately mine are all juvies to adults so you have too go look somewhere. try Paul at USA Pet shop or Ken at kenthebugguy. good luck, google all my recomendation before you get one and if you have more question on that specific sp just post it here and I will help you :)

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
the # on the sp means they have that attribute that you are looking for

grammostola pulchripes = 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 ( colorful and get to7-8")

Brachypelma Vagans = 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

Brachypelma albopilusum = 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9,10,11 ( nice and bulky like a pulchra) I will go for this <---- :)

Brachypelma Sabulosum = 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 (they catch their prey into mid air)

Brachypelma Angustum = 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 ( they catch their prey into mid air)

Lasiodora Parahybana = 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 ( can rival the T blondi in size )

Pamphobeteus Platyomma 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 ( very colorful and big specially the male they are cobalt pink)

Pamphobeteus Nigricolor 1,2,3,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 ( very colorful and big, males are blue)

I have them all and i can sell you some but unfortunately mine are all juvies to adults so you have too go look somewhere. try Paul at USA Pet shop or Ken at kenthebugguy. good luck, google all my recomendation before you get one and if you have more question on that specific sp just post it here and I will help you :)
Thank you so much. Yes, I've decided on getting a LP.