Good Taiwan Hunting Grounds?

MantidMaster

Arachnophile
Old Timer
I will be heading over to Taiwan to visit my relatives, but I also wanted to see if there was a specific place where I could collect there. I love the Taiwanese beetles, so try to hook me up somewhere with those. I know I can not bring them back with me, but I still think catch and release will be enjoyable with somewhere as exciting as Taiwan. Note: I will mainly be in Tainan, so try somewhere around there ;)

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Oh man Taiwan is awesomeee. I was born there and lived there for 6 years before coming over to the U.S. Taiwan is pretty small, you can easily traverse large parts of the island in a day or so. I'd hit Kending, the southern tip of Taiwan, and Shi Tou mountain (idk if the English is correct there, I know how to say it in Mandarin not spell it lol). Look around the countless Seven Elevens at night. Also check fountains of water/pools for floating beetles, I found two that way lol. I lived in Taichung and Taipei for the most part. Hualien is also tons of fun and a great place to look. Bitou is fun too lol.