Good size enclosure for 10 balfouri sling communal?

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
What size enclosure would be proper for a 10 balfouri slings (1/2") communal to give them enough room but not promote cannibalism? I have them in a small Kritter Keeper but not sure if I should maybe go smaller? I don't want cannibalization obviously, but these slings are all siblings that lived with the mother up until shipping.

Last edited:

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Ten sounds like so many there will definitely be cannibalism.

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
Ten sounds like so many there will definitely be cannibalism.
I've seen multiple people keeping 10 in one such as the dark den and I think Tom Moran. These all were kept together from the same sack with the mother until they were shipped to me, obviously that enclosure was pretty big too.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
I was responding to @Theneil wondering if 10 of them together in a deli cup isn't too cramped. I am only curious as I know literally nothing about keeping M. balfouri communally.
I don’t have much personal experience with having that many small ones but if they are only 1/2” a 16 Oz deli would be like the equivilent space to having that many adults in a 10 gallon tank.

Jes Snowulf

Arachnopeon
I actually had no issues when I used a 11" x 7" x 7" for nine slings. They grow so quick and tend to congregate towards the same burrow.