Good Scorpions for beginners?

jordonius

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, I recently purchased a Hadrurus arizonensis and I love it. Any suggestions on good desert species for a learning scorper?

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I really like Smeringurus mesaensis (dune scorps) but you could also go with virtually any Vaejovis species. Those are what I started with but they are quite small compared to Hadrurus.

This isn’t a desert species but Uroctonus mordax quickly became my favorite of the U.S. variety.

jordonius

Arachnopeon
I really like Smeringurus mesaensis (dune scorps) but you could also go with virtually any Vaejovis species. Those are what I started with but they are quite small compared to Hadrurus.

This isn’t a desert species but Uroctonus mordax quickly became my favorite of the U.S. variety.
thank you. I’ll add those to my study list :)

Ncshooter

Arachnosquire

Any chance you have a source for U. mordax? Love to get one here on the east coast.

Lewis Catlin

Arachnoknight
Sminigerus species are fab. Medium sized beautiful things.
D2C867A7-D954-499C-B44D-93D1C362E50D.jpeg
Vaejovis sp. too are great. Good food response and very active.
03BD8375-23D7-448E-8609-188ABA423EBA.png

The Toecutter

Arachnopeon
Any known sources in Canada besides TC?
TC is an awesome dealer. Half my collection has come from them. Professional all the way.
The other half I've gotten from Kijiji. I check every once in a while in my area, then whole province just see what's out there.

H.arizonensis were my first 2 scorps. Both from Kijiji. Lovely scorps, big, easy to see their detail.

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
It would have to be the dune scorpion (Smeringurus mesaensis). They are active and fiesty and don't grow as big as the giant desert hairy. I'd go with this species for a beginner scorpion!