Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Good Price on an OBT ?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Frostbyte, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Frostbyte

Frostbyte Arachnobaron Old Timer

Advertisement
    Is $15 a good price on a 3" Female Usambara? Also how much meaner are these than Cobalts ? Ive had my Cobalt almost 8 months and "dealing "with her . Anything major to expect ? Thanks !

2. Immortal_sin

Immortal_sin Arachnotemptress Old Timer

I think $15 is a fair price. As far as the difference between dealing with the two species, I've found that once they are both 'established' IE: made a burrow, that neither one are difficult at all. The OBT can be kept MUCH drier then the lividum, making cleanup much easier. I rehoused my adult female OBT yesterday, and it was a snap. She was just frightened and wanted to run and hide! However, if they are feeling defensive about their burrow being invaded, they can be pretty wild! I've had this same female gnash her fangs with venom dripping from them...but this is when I took her eggsac away ;)

3. phoenixxavierre

phoenixxavierre Arachnoprince Old Timer

I agree with Immortal. I think it's a fair price.

Like cobalts, I've been able to handle them up to about 3" size, at which point they begin to display some attitude! Depends on the individual, though. I've found some to be handleable and some definitely not! :)

Peace!

4. reverendsterlin

reverendsterlin Arachnoprince Old Timer

not a good price, but an average price, about what your expected to pay. maybe a tiny bit lower than expected for that size.
    Rev

5. caligulathegod

caligulathegod Arachnodeity Old Timer

I paid $4 for a sling, so $15 for that size sounds about right. I adore this spider, too. One molt and it doubled in size. It's hidey, but pretty when I see it.

6. MrT

MrT Arachnoking Old Timer

15 is a fair price for sure if its indeed a female.

E

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.