Good price for N. Chromatus?

Speedy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My LPS has one for $50... hard to tell but I'd guess he/she is 4" across. Hard to tell because it's one unhappy little critter and is hiding. They have it on what looks like dry mulch.. Is $50 a reasonable price for one that size?

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I got one about the same size for $55 from Ken the Bug Guy.

Speedy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I assume that was before the shipping costs.. Express shipping was $35 I think when I ordered from Ken..

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
Thats a good price especially if it turns out to be a female!!!

Speedy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The thing is I am not 100% on the species, this is not a very educated, so to speak, pet store. They have it as "Thai Zebra Birdeater", one of those weird names they give T's.. I have googled that and B. Albo's come up, which is certainly not what she/he is..

I'm going off of looks, looks of a T curled up in the corner trying to burrow into mulch. All I could really see well were the thick, striped legs. Looks a little underfed, and no doubt he/she is too stressed to eat..

What other T's have similar markings? I couldn't get a good view on the abdomen, but the legs were just like a seemani/chromatus, and very thick, stocky legs like a Blondi.

I can try to get pictures of the critter tomorrow and get opinions.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The thing is I am not 100% on the species, this is not a very educated, so to speak, pet store. They have it as "Thai Zebra Birdeater", one of those weird names they give T's.. I have googled that and B. Albo's come up, which is certainly not what she/he is..

I'm going off of looks, looks of a T curled up in the corner trying to burrow into mulch. All I could really see well were the thick, striped legs. Looks a little underfed, and no doubt he/she is too stressed to eat..

What other T's have similar markings? I couldn't get a good view on the abdomen, but the legs were just like a seemani/chromatus, and very thick, stocky legs like a Blondi.

I can try to get pictures of the critter tomorrow and get opinions.
I'd say pick it up. Around here, that's about what a seemani goes for, and that's still a decent price for a chromatus. Work on the 100% identifying it later. :p

Speedy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah, I've been really itching to get up there :D What's one more anyway?

I am going to really check the little thing out first, and make sure there is a guarantee, because this place is nasty..

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Also could have been an E. Murinus.. All I could see were the legs, very shy little fellow.

I'll have a better idea when I look today.

billy28

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You can always try to talk them down on the price. Sometimes it works :D

Speedy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Audrey - I think it is, I got him to come out in the open and he had those markings on his back.. All I could see before were the legs in a dark tank. Ah well!

Speedy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know, I feel PRETTY dumb right about now.. LOL
All I saw were the legs, and I got excited.. I got to move him about today and actually have a good look.

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
No biggie, the legs do look alot like N Chromatus & I had to do a double-take at your pics lol. I honestly couldnt tell you what it is, though it does look very similar to link Audrey posted. Either way, it looks neat & I like it. Good find!

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
Get a better pic of the abdomen. It looks like an E. Murinus to me. The abdomen is too light for an N. Chromatus but I could be wrong. The lighting on the enclosure could also mess the whole picture up. The picture on my profile is an E. Murinus.

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
I'm like 95% sure thats an Albostriatum. Notice the classic Haplopelma broad carapace and long gangly legs. I'm also pretty sure they can get quite a bit larger than 3in. If its indeed a mature male, you can just check check for gloves to be sure, but remember that albos dont hae tibial hooks so dont let that throw you off.

Speedy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm like 95% sure thats an Albostriatum. Notice the classic Haplopelma broad carapace and long gangly legs. I'm also pretty sure they can get quite a bit larger than 3in. If its indeed a mature male, you can just check check for gloves to be sure, but remember that albos dont hae tibial hooks so dont let that throw you off.
I really don't know much about them.. just from my quick researching it's said 3-5" is as big as they get.. With his legs spread he's probably 4"..

I'm sure I'll head up there again soon, just out of curiosity I'll check to see if it's a MM. I do feel bad if it is, having to sit on a pet store shelf for who knows how long..

8by8

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Good price for a Haplo. albostriatum at that size. Deffinatly a haplo though, and with that name it's a good chance that's what it is. It's missing about 8"of sub. though.

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
With those water crystals in that extremely deep dish I'd bet it also needs a drink. :(

But- rescue one and another takes it's place, at least in a pet store.