Good Plastic Enclosures for Adult Terrestrials?

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Hey everyone! I’m looking for some recommendations of any sterilite, Rubbermaid, or other types of plastic storage bins that I could use to make custom enclosures. I much prefer this to spending tons of money on glass terrariums. I ordered some sterilite bins from Amazon a few months ago that are 17 x 11.18 x 12.75 inches (which is around the size I’m looking for), but they are far flimsier and less air tight than I’d hoped. They’re not exactly something I’d use for some of my escape artist baboons as they get larger. If you use plastic bins to house your adult Ts, any recommendations for specific products would be greatly appreciated!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I’ll tell you something better to use- Really Useful Boxes. RUBs not only lock shut without any significant vibration, they are stackable.

They come in all sizes - I love them!

RoachCoach

Arachnolord
Hey everyone! I’m looking for some recommendations of any sterilite, Rubbermaid, or other types of plastic storage bins that I could use to make custom enclosures. I much prefer this to spending tons of money on glass terrariums. I ordered some sterilite bins from Amazon a few months ago that are 17 x 11.18 x 12.75 inches (which is around the size I’m looking for), but they are far flimsier and less air tight than I’d hoped. They’re not exactly something I’d use for some of my escape artist baboons as they get larger. If you use plastic bins to house your adult Ts, any recommendations for specific products would be greatly appreciated!
Sterilite quality and customer service is not what it used to be. You can do far better for far cheaper.

Tarantuland

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I second this they are a great size and they are clear and like $12
I would imagine the spider could push the lid off of these, but I've heard about putting a pin in to prevent that. Any experience with that?

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
I use the Sterilite gasket totes. Right now I'm using the 20 qt ones (model 1932), but I plan on using the 32 qt and/or the 54 qt in the future. I've been able to drill 2" holes for vent inserts with no significant cracks, they seal nice and tight, and are relatively clear.

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
@Sterls and @Smotzer u guise there is an almost identical box to the Container Store's high heel shoe box at Daiso, if there's a location near you. It's crystal clear and like six dollars. The quality is nearly identical, the lids are actually interchangeable with the Container Store ones. They just don't have the vent holes on the side, which I actually like, because I don't have to try to match the size and spacing of them.

For the larger specimens, I also use the Container Store's crystal clear men's shoe box, but most of mine are juvenile or small species and do awesome in the high heel box.

To be clear, I fix the lid down with tape at the moment, because my Pamphobeteus boy powerlifted the lid clear off and got out, so that's something to bear in mind, but they DIY nicely otherwise and they look great.