Good or Bad Idea ??

Creepy Crawling Guy

Arachnopeon
earlier today i was ding nothing so i go to my pets tank and oserve for a while hes just doing the usual things he do burrowing , climbing and exploring i enjoy watching him but after a while he goes under his hide(a broken piece of a clay pot) so it got me thinking it would be awesome to observe him while he is under his hide but he always covers his front door with sand so i cant see him while hiding

then it hit me what if theres a way to provide him a hide but you can also see him so i call a local mirror store and ask if they are making customized mirrors and they do so i ask if they can make a two way mirror for me like the ones used in interogation room but make it concave they said they could

the question is will it be effective hide and will it be safe for my p.trans ...

GingerC

Arachnosquire
I don't know if it's safe, but scorpions are not very gifted in the visual aspects; they essentially only sense differences in light and dark. If the hide is dark, the scorpion will be happy.

My scorpion never does anything interesting in her hide (she just folds her legs over herself and goes into a resting state), but good luck with this! :)

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I don't see anything wrong with it. Just try to make sure the hide remain s dark.

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
Would be an interesting concept. Keep us updated I'd like to see how it turns out

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That would be great if it worked but unfortunately, because of the way those mirrors work, you would have to be in a dark room and a light would be under the pet's hide. So if you tried it and a scorpion had good eyes, you would be in the lighted room so he could see you but you couldn't see him. That's how it seems to me anyway. What does often work is putting the hide next to the glass so that some of the glass is a wall of the hide, maybe put some cardboard next to the outer glass until you want to see it in there.

Creepy Crawling Guy

Arachnopeon
so i read about how 2 way mirror work and basically you can see from the dark side

so it got me thinking and applied scientific method

1 Question : 2way mirror as hide??
2 Do Research
>2way mirror needs light and dark side
>scorpion cant see red light
3 hyphothesis(my current step)
>use red LED to make the downside lighter than the room
>LED dont heat up
>LED dont use stong power source making electrecution less of a problem

problem with the hyphothesis:
>wiring could be used as escape by the scorpion
Solution: use wiremold
>exposed wire could harm scorpion if theres any
Solution: make the wire go all the way down the tank or enclosure make the risk lower(might be dangerous on damp substrate)

im making a blue print for the whole project might take long im a busy person ^^

any suggestion is always welcome or you can try to make your own base on the ideas here and save me the time to make the experimentation *insert winky face*