[Inquiry] Good Online Tarantula Sellers?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
You've got a lot to choose from on this site alone. I haven't bought from one of the big names in ages, and I doubt I will again any time soon. Users on here offer better sales, better trades, and a more personable experience. Just always read reviews first. Also understand their LAG (live arrival guarantee), as each one is unique.

These are just ones that I've had a good experience with. I'm sure other people will drop some names.
@cold blood, @Blue Jaye, @Inland Sea, @JoeRossi

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Aaaaand I just realized that the OP is in the Philippines. My suggestion just went out the window.

Sorry @Nailuj Tellaf, this is a largely North American and European board. You might have better luck searching for an arachnid forum based in your country.

BMQ

Arachnopeon
So far, I've had good experiences with JR's Inverts (http://jrsinverts.com/) and Arachnoiden (http://arachnoiden.com/)

I'm sure there are many other good breeders to choose from, but I've only bought from these thus far.
Sadly, I've had only 2 experiences with Jrsinverts, and both were bad. I bought a P. regalis 2in sling from them and it was shipped to me. I opened the box and the sling was stuck mid-molt in the box. It died later that night. I contacted JRs and sent them pictures while letting them know what happened and they agreed that they had made a big mistake and shipped me a t that was in premolt. Apparently they didn't know it was about to molt. I was upset, but I understand it can be tricky knowing when old world t's will molt so I let it slide and accepted that I'd just lost $24 in shipping for a mistake that wasn't my own. After waiting nearly a week for a reply, I finally got an invoice for my refund. After being given store credit, and paying $24 again for shipping, they sent me another P. regalis that arrived today. I was waiting on my porch when FedEx arrived, and when I opened my box, yet again I had a dead P. regalis, stuck in its molt! I contacted JR'sinverts again, and yet again he apologized for not realizing that the T was about to molt, and said that I can receive store credit, but that they were out of stock on P. regalis. Of course he wanted me to pay for shipping again. I declined and asked for a refund as I'm done with them and don't want their store credit as ive lost all confidence in their competency, and feel like I may have to go through paypal in order to get a refund (minus shipping). All of this has happened within the last month. Its ridiculous and shady business to ask someone to pay 2x, for your mistakes.

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
I bought mine from Tarantula Canada . There are 2 dealers reputable here if your in Canada. TC was pretty reasonable.

MsBuzzKill

Caltuckian
Hi. New Member here.
Anyone know good online tarantula sellers? Cheap but good tarantulas?
Since you're from the Philippines, I suggest you look into your local/country laws about having animals imported from elsewhere since there are regulations about it and you'll likely need proper permits. Ordering things online from other countries will likely not go well for you (or the animals). Your best solution will be to find sellers in your own country whom you can meet in person or make arrangements through.

Nyke

Arachnopeon
Go on facebook and search for local tarantula groups. Ts are big in the Philippines and ridiculously cheap.