Good news , Good news

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My little A. avic. has munched its first cricket in my care.:D

I de-legged the cric and set it on the leaf next to the spider and about 6 hrs later, it was lunch. And to top it off the Avic. laid some webbing down. Oh happy day!

Ernie the arboreal Tarantula keeper

bness2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Excellent! Mine seems to be a bit on the fickle side too. It seems to spend all its time on the lid, so two days ago I killed a cricket and dangled it in front of Nijinsky (my Avic's name) and he grabbed it and mucned down. tried the same yesterday and he went crazy and I had to chase him back into his container. Maybe one cricket is a enough for a few days.

Bryan

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ALl 3 of my avics are pigs. They eat so much. Even when they live together.

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
This is good news - I believe it deserves the infamous crazy pixie dance :D
Avics are the spiders I started out on years ago before I knew about online venders and T communities. It seemed they were the most common spiders in the petshops that looked good. (You know how ugly a wild caught curly hair or rosie can look.) I still think they are some of the best.

Gail

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thats right Gail, I forgot about the crazy pixie dance. Lets see, how's that go again? =D

Ern

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats

congratulations ernie, hope the avic grows to be a healthy female

Al Muoio

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm gonna try that with my avic. I only saw her eat once but crix have dissapeared in her tank. I thought maybe the tank was too large. 10 gal and T is 3 inches

gilly2k

Arachnopeon
:D :D WICKED :D :D

My avic is the greadyest little sod its eaten nearly 20 crix in jus over a week

Good luck wi yours

=D =D :D =D =D

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Mr T - the most important thing to remember about the crazy pixie dance is to coordinate the wild flapping of the arms with the spinning in a circle - lest you hurt yourself :D

There is also a version called the angry pixie dance - basically the same principles but instead of shouting 'whoo hoo' and 'yippee' while spinning in a circle you simply grab the nearest non-living object, throw it to the floor and scream obsentities while jumping up and down on it :}

Gail

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

Gail, is that the dance my rosehair does when it catches crickets?

-v