Good news Bad news

Ralph_moore84

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well the good news is.My A.australis had her babies.Bad new is.She ate them all.She came out from hiding.I noticed she was skinny.I lifted up her hide to find a ball of babies.So I put her hide back down.Thinking she would get them,but didn't happen that way.Does this happen a lot?I was really wanting to get a brood from her too.My other female likes about 4 more months.Heres some pictures of her though.

http://s1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee452/Ralph_Moore84/AA/

Last edited:

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my third V. spinigerus had a bad pregancy. After I left them alone for a night, she ate most of them, so I grabbed two that were still moving and put them in an ICU. I'm not expecting them to live, but you should try as well. I've noticed when they give up on the babies, they wont take them back. That's just my experience with two mothers.

telow

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A.australis does seem to stress realy easily when they have broods
and they end up eating them or abandoning them
the causes of this can be anything realy
that sucks man better luck next time

Ralph_moore84

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for the replies.I've got 2 males and 3 females now.I'll be getting 2 more females shortly.I don't know if there adults yet.I have to get a brood eventually.

Koh_

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
sorry for your loss man.
but all of my gravid andros i had were same as your case . i thought i didn't give them any stress but it happened to me always.. i still don't know why it happened.
everything was pretty much right! i have no luck with this sp..

telow

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
theres a older method few people used to use the dark box haha scarry haha

1 small container (5x5x5 in. for example) try to get one with a clear lid
so you can see her if its out of the hide

2 wrap it with black tape or put it in a box and keep it closed so it stays pretty dark inside but leave a small small area faceing the entrance of the hide so you can look and see her without disturbing her by opening it

3 put some sub in and a hide in it like the normal enclosure

4 put the gravid female in this container and leave it alone
and look through the lid or the clear spot faceing the hide
dont open it or move it around much at all

5 once they are born do not open or move the dark box just look through the lid or the cleared spot for atleast 8 days which they should have just molted into 2nd instar after that time

6 after they are born and have molted into 2nd instar start removing them the second they leave her back or if she trys to eat any take them off

but you only do this when your pretty sure you see embryos in the sides of the female then you know it will happen soon and dont put and food in there
it may make her defensive and stressed

but thats it i believe i dont kow if anyone will remember this but i did haha
you can try that if anything it works i used it 2 times with 1 with A.amoreuxi and H.arizonensis
hope that helps out

Jorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My A. bicolor female did the same thing almost a year ago. Since then, I've left her and her mate completely alone. Well, she is HUGE again so my fingers are crossed for a surviving brood at any time!

I also have 4 A. australis that are also gravid as hell (one is a lybicus morph). Two of them look like they're packed with caviar!! I've seen a lot of embryos in females before, but these are VERY pronounced. I'll keep everyone posted, especially when one pops.

Jeff

Ralph_moore84

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm pretty sure she is a Tunisia morph.She's bigger than my other 2 females.She's also more bulkier.