Good natured Ts to look out for

aphono

Arachnobaron
I have one , had it four months now , but all I've seen of it , other than when I first got him is his butt sticking out of his webbed in hide

Oh noo.. sorry it is like that. Hope it is less shy at a later molt- that can happen..

Deb60

Arachnosquire

Deb60

Arachnosquire
Look for a Euathlus pulcherrimaklaasi. They have great colors, and are fairly docile.
Now I'm getting abit confused with the E Pulcherimaklaasi, I have the Eauthlus sp Green , E sp Blue , are they all different? Someone told me Pulcherimaklaasi was the old name for the sp Green or Sp Blue ?

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
No such thing as a good natured tarantula. It all depends entirely on the individual.

Some people have roseys than bite and have strong feeding responses, others have placid individuals that just sit still for hours and groom.

Deb60

Arachnosquire
No such thing as a good natured tarantula. It all depends entirely on the individual.

Some people have roseys than bite and have strong feeding responses, others have placid individuals that just sit still for hours and groom.
I agree with you , they are all different. A few of mine are not known for being docile , but as the previous owner told me ( they are fully grown ) they are so far ok . As wild animals any T could turn on you at anytime.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter

Sure, but if 90 out of 100 specimens show the same general behavior, I think it's fair to say that a species tends to act a certain way. It's not a guarantee, but it's something of a guide.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
Now I'm getting abit confused with the E Pulcherimaklaasi, I have the Eauthlus sp Green , E sp Blue , are they all different? Someone told me Pulcherimaklaasi was the old name for the sp Green or Sp Blue ?
Honestly, I don't actually know. I always assumed they were phenotypic variations of the same species..... lol

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Eauthlus sp Green , E sp Blue
I know you have been reading a bit. I do not know if you are understand the designation of Eauthlus. In short, it's a dumping ground for Ts that are not scientifically classified. The tarantula formerly known as B. smithi was once in that "genus".

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
I know you have been reading a bit. I do not know if you are understand the designation of Eauthlus. In short, it's a dumping ground for Ts that are not scientifically classified. The tarantula formerly known as B. smithi was once in that "genus".
Lol..... I'm going to regret getting into a debate with you. But it's all in good fun, and you know I enjoy it;)

I don't know if I'd go as far as to call Euathlus a "dumping ground for unclassified Ts" just because a species was switched to a different genus. That happens very often in taxonomy. I mean, taxonomy is all made up by humans anyways. So we only agree on what to call something based on consensus.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Lol..... I'm going to regret getting into a debate with you. But it's all in good fun, and you know I enjoy it;)

I don't know if I'd go as far as to call Euathlus a "dumping ground for unclassified Ts" just because a species was switched to a different genus. That happens very often in taxonomy. I mean, taxonomy is all made up by humans anyways. So we only agree on what to call something based on consensus.
I'd go that far and did.