Good Mom, Nice sac and Nice Babies.

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello! I rarely take photos of egg sac hatchlings but when it comes to the species geniculata I'm always happy of the large number of slings in each egg sac. For the first time out of three successful sac of geniculata I did not feed my female during her care of the eggs. I usually feed my tarantulas after ten to fifteen days after producing a sac. Last year I mated a different female geniculata but the eggs weren't good. Three times out of four is not too bad for a very hungry spider.

Also I normally open the egg sac for geniculata at 30 days this egg sac I opened today at 24 days. I won't even bother counting any of them. The female geniculata is 7" inches I can only imagine the quantity of the slings. My previous successful sacs of geniculata the number of slings were a little bit over 800 slings with 12 bad eggs in 2003-04. My second successful geniculata egg sac was a little bit over 1200 with a couple of bad eggs.

Before mating her I fed her mice, after mating her her diet was mostly mice, a few earthworms and a few crickets. She actually produced a sac very quickly a month and a half after mating.

Temperature was anywhere from overnight lows 75 degrees up to daytime 80 degrees.

The mother of this babies was a good mom. Now she can not worry about taking care of her babies. It's up to me now.

Last edited:

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Goodness, that's a lot of baby spiders! Congratulations - but at the same time, better you than me! :eek:

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Congratulations Jose!! love to see eggs with legs.
Are the dark spots sub or bad eggs?

Ceymann

Arachnoknight
Congratulations ! I don't envy the work you have ahead of you, thats a lot of slings to maintain.