Good home for GBB sling?

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
Found this container at a yard sale today and of course I was thinking about spiders! I think this could be a good home for something like a GBB. What do you all think? that's a quarter on top for scale. image.jpeg

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
that looks nice for arboreal slings but not for a GBB. they're terrestrials and like ground space over climbing space.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
GBB's can be kept either way, they are very opportunistic and will make use of whatever they are given. I kept my sling in an arboreal setup with a fake plant in the center, it webbed the whole thing up and put funnels through it. That enclosure is fine.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
@Poec54 would this be okay for avic avic?
Yes it would be. I keep many Avics in AMAC boxes. You could also keep one in a 32 oz deli cup depending upon the size. I find inverted is easier for most, but not all things (like cleaning).

I typically drill 3 holes along the perimeter of each top side. I find that helps out considerably when an Avic forms a canopy, molts. Sometimes the canopy will allow you to pool water for a molted T, which is critical. They don't always go down to drink from a water dish, esp after a molt.

View media item 34728

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
Yes it would be. I keep many Avics in AMAC boxes. You could also keep one in a 32 oz deli cup depending upon the size. I find inverted is easier for most, but not all things (like cleaning).

I typically drill 3 holes along the perimeter of each top side. I find that helps out considerably when an Avic forms a canopy, molts. Sometimes the canopy will allow you to pool water for a molted T, which is critical. They don't always go down to drink from a water dish, esp after a molt.

View media item 34728
Did I drill my holes wrong? Do I need them on each side? I was just thinking about all the times in here I read, "not enough ventilation"
Poec was the only person I saw who mentioned too much ventilation for an A. Avicularia, which is why I asked him specifically.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Did I drill my holes wrong? Do I need them on each side? I was just thinking about all the times in here I read, "not enough ventilation"
Poec was the only person I saw who mentioned too much ventilation for an A. Avicularia, which is why I asked him specifically.
You don't need them on the side. I do that for my own reasons.

They do require the right amount of ventilation. Moist/stagnant air kills Avics. One day they seem fine, the next they are dead, no exaggeration.

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
You don't need them on the side. I do that for my own reasons.

They do require the right amount of ventilation. Moist/stagnant air kills Avics. One day they seem fine, the next they are dead, no exaggeration.
Ok, but this looks good to you? Thank you for your help viper.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I agree. Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens will adapt to either setup. If there are many anchorpoints for webbing they will create their own funnels and hides.

That enclosure looks pretty sweet for an Avic :)

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
I agree. Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens will adapt to either setup. If there are many anchorpoints for webbing they will create their own funnels and hides.

That enclosure looks pretty sweet for an Avic :)
Thanks! I've never worked with an aborial species, but I'd love to try. Want to be succesful though, so I'm learning all I can from you guys.