Good for Nature- Humans SHUT UP

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I read this article today about a favorite species of mine. Finally some help for this endangered and secretive species.

The detractors however should shut up. I've never seen a species, ie humans, on the planet so fearful of everything around it including its own species. Those people are morons.

Last edited:

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
We have them here.
They do pretty well when there's a space.
Beautiful animals.

I've never seen a species on the planet so fearful of everything around it including its own species.
If you're talking about people, i couldn't agree more.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
We have them here.
They do pretty well when there's a space.
Beautiful animals.

If you're talking about people, i couldn't agree more.

That's really cool, have you seen them in the wild? I haven't, I've seen diamondbacks.

Good catch on my writing, I fixed it.

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
That's really cool, have you seen them in the wild?
Yeah. There's a place near me on the upper Delaware. If you go fishing and walk the train tracks, they'll be out sunbathing. I don't bring the dogs there, anymore because of a few close calls. They're really dark, almost black.

VaporRyder

Arachnoknight
Those ‘rattlesnake round-ups’ have always disgusted me. Nice to see something good being done for the rattlers.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Those ‘rattlesnake round-ups’ have always disgusted me. Nice to see something good being done for the rattlers.
same- those people need to be rounded up, kerosene flushed into their homes, lit on fire, and see how they enjoy it.

Not only that, but those spineless Texans get the snakes when they are still undergoing hibernation. They don’t get them when it’s hot and the snakes are ALERT. They are a bunch of …

I met a guy in AL that used to do the shows, he convinced the people to stop.

Last edited:

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
We have some college property around here along the river bluffs that has a population that's been studied a few times, but they're extremely rare anywhere else.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
I read this article today about a favorite species of mine. Finally some help for this endangered and secretive species.

The detractors however should shut up. I've never seen a species, ie humans, on the planet so fearful of everything around it including its own species. Those people are morons.

Oh finally! Discussions about this have been going on for years. Glad to see it's gone through.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
We have some college property around here along the river bluffs that has a population that's been studied a few times, but they're extremely rare anywhere else.
I've never seen one yet in the wild. It doesn't help their camouflaged extremely well either.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
That's really cool, have you seen them in the wild? I haven't, I've seen diamondbacks.
Hmm. You could say that I've seen a few, at least. Apologies for the formatting, I'm a little rusty at doing multiple photos on here.

m_m_IMG_2829.jpg

m_m_IMG_2842.jpg m_m_IMG_2859.jpg

m_IMG_2882.jpg

m_IMG_2886crop3crop.JPG

Bonus photo. Not a rattler, but a real nice looking baby copperhead. Just look at the camouflage. m_IMG_2905crop3.JPG

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nice Tim- thanks. Yeah copperheads have wild camouflage

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Now to take the mentality from isolated incidents out to the norm, recognizing our role on the planet is inevitably stewardship.

Last edited:

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Beautiful snakes, I am very glad to see there are some efforts being made to help conserve them.

Now to take the mentality from isolated incidents out to the norm, recognizing our role on the planet is inevitably stewardship.
Yes, let's make it happen. Conserve and protect what we can while we can, and set up proper systems that can continue to push a model of stewardship without devolving into radicalism for or against either side.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I get heebie jeebies when I get close to a rattler or a copperhead and I believe human rights are more important than animal rights but I am 100% against the roundups. Barbaric. Just do something humane to keep them away from human habitats. Easy enough to do.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
They are the more common rattlers we have here. 90 percent of the ones I see in the wild are timbers.