Good enough enclosure???

kolson1999

Arachnopeon
I just recently started getting into tarantulas and bought my first Green Bottle Blue (GBB) sling and i was wondering if this is a good enough starting enclosure?

Attachments

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Looks fine, I personally may have included another anchor point or two.

also just a friendly tip, try and remember to use the Latin binomial nomenclature which for a GBB is Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens :)

Poonjab

Arachnoking
also just a friendly tip, try and remember to use the Latin binomial nomenclature which for a GBB is Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
Or as petco would label it: assorted fancy blue tiger stripe tarantula.

kolson1999

Arachnopeon
you guys told me it all looked good but i just felt so bad having it in there (having never owned a sling) is this too big an enclosure?

Attachments

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
you guys told me it all looked good but i just felt so bad having it in there (having never owned a sling) is this too big an enclosure?
Way too big go back to the deli cup. Save that for when it’s larger. Please.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Aye aye captain 👨‍✈️ Thank you for your help
While it’s possible to raise it in the larger, you will have a much easier time keeping an eye on it knowing where it is in molt cycle, feeding, and it not disappearing in the deli cup. After the deli cup your next bet after it hits about the 1in mark would be something along the lines of a 4x4x4 amac box or something similarly sized.