good enclosure size?

Zack rehn

Arachnopeon
Just picked up a tubbaware enclosure for a new T. Albo would this be adequate for maybe an adult or bigger juvenile? BD803B4E-A2B9-4ED2-AC09-5D5DE0F5CEA0.jpeg 11268334-A00C-42BD-9B8F-21F7A98FF5EF.jpeg 19A34EB3-A1C3-41BC-ADC1-58820FC181A3.jpeg

Arachnolove420

Arachnopeon
What are the dimensions of the container you have there?

A good terrestrial enclosure should be roughly 2-3 times your T's DLS in width by 3 times the DLS in length. And filled with substrate so there's no more than 1-1½ times the DLS from the top of substrate to the top of the enclosure.

Last edited:

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
in relation to the door, it looks big. Fill it at least 2/3rds of dirt and it will be able to dig a deep burrow. That's adult sized, and roomy

Zack rehn

Arachnopeon

A good terrestrial enclosure should be roughly 2-3 times your T's DLS in width by 3 times the DLS in length. And filled with substrate so there's no more than 1-1½ times the DLS from the top of substrate to the top of the enclosure.
alright I’ll do that

in relation to the door, it looks big. Fill it at least 2/3rds of dirt and it will be able to dig a deep burrow. That's adult sized, and roomy
thanks for the help!

sorry it took so long i got distracted with dinner :/ But anyways i measured it and its around 8 in. 8 in. 12in.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
sorry it took so long i got distracted with dinner :/ But anyways i measured it and its around 8 in. 8 in. 12in.
So 12 wide, 8 wide, 8 tall. 5" to 6" of dirt, leaves 2-3" of airspace. Be prepared, your T may dig.
Don't forget VENTILATION HOLES

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
alright also any specific size for the holes so that nothing can get in or out?
General rule for air holes is to keep them smaller than the carapace of the tarantula because if the carapace can fit through a hole then so does the rest of the tarantula.