Good Dog Nutrition Boards/Links?

arcane

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just started working in a pet supply/grooming place (no T stuff though :( ). A lot of their business comes from selling raw meat/all natural dog food type stuff. When someone asks for help with it, I have to lie and say I'm not a dog person and refer them (mine eats purina, which they dont even sell).

Anyone know a good breed indepdent board/FAQ etc where I can 'bone up' on this sort of stuff?

thanks

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I can't point you to any specific sites but a popular canine diet is BARF(Bones And Raw Foods) . If you throw that into a search engine you'll get alot of hits that deal with canine diet and nutrition.

Nemesis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Arcane,
If you send me your addy, I'll snail mail you info/ stuff from my personal collection. I've got tons of experience with dog food. I personally use BARF (Dr.Ian Billinghurst's 'Give Your Dog a Bone) on my personal dogs) (Working German Shepherds) but feed the OPDs top grade premium stuff. Depending upon who I'm feeding and what I'm trying to accomplish, here are a few brands I start with. A web search on any of the names will give you a bunch of info.

Solid Gold Hunden Flocken + Sea Meal Supplement
Innova
Canidae
Royal Canin
California Natural
Flint River Ranch

Pax,
Kelly Olsen
Canine Constructs of Tallahassee