Good deals and a new breeder

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
0.1 P. regalis, 3.75"
0.1 E. uatuman, 3.5"
0.0.2 P. scrofa, <0.5"
0.1 C. cyaneopubescens, 3"

This was one of the better deals I've gotten in awhile. Took a bit of negotiating, but we came to a solid deal for buying in semi-bulk :) Thank you @Blue Jaye for the killer deal. If I could leave another review, I would.

Ah, but let's get to why you opened this thread. Let's be honest.

The E. uatuman will be bred with @sdsnybny's male in the coming weeks, after she settles down a bit. This will be my first breeding attempt with a deep burrower, so we'll see how this plays out. Yes, it's covered in dirt. You try digging up a fossorial without it getting filthy.
IMG_1855.JPG

The P. regalis was a surprise, I didn't even know she had one for sale. This one is a nasty specimen, and I love it.
IMG_1858.JPG

Pictures of the GBB may come tomorrow, but the P. scrofa are a bit too small to get an in-focus shot.

Last edited:

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Awe... you're welcome Ryan. Glad to hear that little regalis is keeping your on your toes. You will enjoy that little beast. And why not? Is your review button broken :p

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Nice score, Hope the MM uatuman does well for you.
here he is in all his leggy glory
IMG-20161230-WA0000.jpg

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Awe... you're welcome Ryan. Glad to hear that little regalis is keeping your on your toes. You will enjoy that little beast. And why not? Is your review button broken :p
The new AB made it so you can only leave one review per person. So ridiculous.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The new AB made it so you can only leave one review per person. So ridiculous.
Many of us complain about that "feature", it's by far the most ridiculous "improvement" I've seen.

Absolutely terrible, it defies logic.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Many of us complain about that "feature", it's by far the most ridiculous "improvement" I've seen.

Absolutely terrible, it defies logic.
Almost as good as the new iphone "feature" of removing the headphone jack. :rofl:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Almost as good as the new iphone "feature" of removing the headphone jack. :rofl:
Another "know nothing" company. The only company I know that takes a handheld computer and functional reduced it to a 1970s calculator.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Another "know nothing" company. The only company I know that takes a handheld computer and functional reduced it to a 1970s calculator.
It's frustrating because they did this for no apparent reason. Samsung will apparently be doing the same thing if the rumors and leaks are true. It's not like they replaced micro-USB with USB-C; that would be an upgrade. They simply took away a feature with no reason other than to sell dongles and wireless headphones.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's frustrating because they did this for no apparent reason. Samsung will apparently be doing the same thing if the rumors and leaks are true. It's not like they replaced micro-USB with USB-C; that would be an upgrade. They simply took away a feature with no reason other than to sell dongles and wireless headphones.

I don't even like large "phones". Anything over 5" is excessive to me. I like phones that can be worked with one hand, not 2 hands and a hydraulic stabilizer. The iphone 5s is the largest dimension necessary.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I don't even like large "phones". Anything over 5" is excessive to me. I like phones that can be worked with one hand, not 2 hands and a hydraulic stabilizer. The iphone 5s is the largest dimension necessary.
Myself, I love phablets. 5" is the lower bound for me, and 5.5" is the sweet spot. I'm a power user on my phone - I use it absolutely constantly. Calculator, calendar, reminders, alarms, email, school, texting, and of course AB ;)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Myself, I love phablets. 5" is the lower bound for me, and 5.5" is the sweet spot. I'm a power user on my phone - I use it absolutely constantly. Calculator, calendar, reminders, alarms, email, school, texting, and of course AB ;)
Well if AB would go back to Taptalk, I'd be happier! I use that stuff too, but I'd prefer a PC or pen/pencil paper (you may have heard of that old technology, it's EMP proof too!)

volcanopele

Arachnosquire
Sigh... that uatuman.... no volcanopele, bad volcanopele! You said no more fossorials, no matter how pretty!

As far as phones go, well, I like my 7 Plus ;) The loss of the headphone jack is a bit annoying, but honestly, I can't think of the last time I used the headphone jack on my phone. I either use AirPlay to put stuff on the TV, my wireless earphones when I'm working out or walking the dog, or using the lightning port to connect the phone to my car stereo. And the adapter comes in the box, so it wasn't out of wanting to sell adapters. More like, there is only so much room in the phone.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Sigh... that uatuman.... no volcanopele, bad volcanopele! You said no more fossorials, no matter how pretty!
I definitely recommend it. They're apparently very reclusive, but they're gorgeous! Pictures don't do it justice. This tarantula has so much going on with coloration. The unique bands on the knees, the emerald on the abdomen and carapace, and orange dots on each toe.
IMG_1861.JPG