Good bye to a great beardie!

sylverbullit

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So, I woke up yesterday and found Fatbastard had died.We were very upset about it.

Both me and my fiance decided that we would like to get another lizzard in the future.

Suggestions on another species of lizzards would be greatly appreciated as well. We're looking for something that will fit into a 50 gallon tank. We are a bit partial to dessert animals, but all suggestions are welcome.

mindlessvw

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I love my uro...he reminds me of a slightly less pleasant beardie...not the same to me as far as letting him run around like i did my beardy but close...

sylverbullit

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I love my uro...he reminds me of a slightly less pleasant beardie...not the same to me as far as letting him run around like i did my beardy but close...
Thanks. I'll have to check them out.
Do you know anything about Crotaphytus dickersonae?
I was doing some research, and came across this species.
It's beautiful, but I don't know if you can get them as pets.

xchondrox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I personally really like red ackies, 1 would do great in a 50gallon for awhile. When it reachs adult size it would do better in something alittle larger though.

kupo969

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Very sorry for your loss, I hear beardies are very loving.

I would suggest getting a Blue tounge skink, they are very affectionate and loving.

And if you have the space, I'd suggest an Iguana.

sylverbullit

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Very sorry for your loss, I hear beardies are very loving.

I would suggest getting a Blue tounge skink, they are very affectionate and loving.

And if you have the space, I'd suggest an Iguana.

My fiance decided he wants another beardie, but is going to buy me a lizzard of my choice, so I was thinking about an iguana. I have about 5 tanks ranging from 25-200 gallons. I think they would be perfect for an iguana, at least for a while.
thanks

Last edited:

sylverbullit

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Our beardie was very affectionate. He went everywhere with us. That lizzard lived more than some people do.
We rigged up a harness for him and took him skydiving, We always took him for rides on the sport bike, fishing, hunting.... pretty much anything that we've done, he's did as well.
Like I said in my original post, he had a good life and we will never forget him, specially being our first reptile.

gecko_keeper/KBfauna

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just keep in mind that an adult iguana can be a major handful. The tail hurts like hell!! lol Red Ackies are pretty awesome.

Bedlam

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd recommend a female if you get an iguana. When those males get into sexual maturity they can become pretty fierce and there isn't too much you can do about it. Some friends of mine had an iguana that slept in their bed and he's quarantined to his "fury room" right now.

You took your beardie (amazing name btw!) skydiving? That's amazing!!
So sorry for your loss but it seems you gave him a pretty great life.

sylverbullit

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'd recommend a female if you get an iguana. When those males get into sexual maturity they can become pretty fierce and there isn't too much you can do about it. Some friends of mine had an iguana that slept in their bed and he's quarantined to his "fury room" right now.

You took your beardie (amazing name btw!) skydiving? That's amazing!!
So sorry for your loss but it seems you gave him a pretty great life.
Thanks for your concern and imput.
We took him skydiving last summer. The guys at the drop zone rigged up a harness for him and we jumped at 20'000 feet. We liked to think that he liked everything we liked.

johnharper

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry for your loss.

I have some crested gecko juveniles they are very easy to care for and also have comical personalitys one of them likes to jump at you.

John

-Exotic

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ya sorry for your lose

you can try to get a armadillo lizard really nice get long 10 inches in length theres those or more berdies {D
-Exotic