Good bye mites!

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm not sure that will get rid of the mites. They can crawl onto your centipede while it's molting or eating its exuvia.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
a couple few years ago i made a mixture that seemed to kill mites pretty good w/o inordinately damaging the pede

it was something like 50-100 parts water to 1 part dish soap to 1 part lemon juice to 1 part rubbing alcohol. apply somewhat sparingly once a day and after a few days there should be less mites. KEEP IT OUT of the pede's spiracles, though

really, you could even try just the soap and water. the soap acts as a surfactant that lets the normally highly polar water spread into all the little nooks and crannies of the mite. i am kinda guessing it just drowns them and the lemon juice and alcohol don't do anything... but i never tested it

thebugfreak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the alcohol does SOMETHING. i just dont know what. when i was little, i used to kill pests by dropping them in alcohol. they looked like they died a quick, but painful death...

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the alcohol does SOMETHING. i just dont know what. when i was little, i used to kill pests by dropping them in alcohol. they looked like they died a quick, but painful death...
I used to kill roaches with rubbing alcohol as a kid. They died pretty quickly {D

thebugfreak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I used to kill roaches with rubbing alcohol as a kid. They died pretty quickly {D
didnt they squirm and kick like mad before dying? it looked like they were having a seizure for the last seconds of their lives.

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
didnt they squirm and kick like mad before dying? it looked like they were having a seizure for the last seconds of their lives.
squirm and kick they did. Very effective. Who needs raid when you have rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle? :D

Lucas339

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
rubbing alcohol is used as a preservative for inverts. i would use extreme caution with it!!

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There is other way to give up mites.
First use anestesia and after that remove it. Better way but it has a little bit more problems.

Cheers
Carles