Good Beginner Arboreal Tarantula?

Felion

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone! I really want to get into tarantulas, as they are really fascinating to watch. I would really like a good arboreal tarantula that's for more beginners like me, any suggestions?

Embers To Ashes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would suggest Avicularia avicularia. They tend to be a little nervous but they are beautiful and inexpensive. Also try searching the forum for beginner arboreals. I'm sure there are similar threads as this one.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Avicularia avicularia or Caribena versicolor, both are great looking tarantulas. Just make sure the enclosure is well ventilated and you’ll be fine.

Felion

Arachnopeon
I would suggest Avicularia avicularia. They tend to be a little nervous but they are beautiful and inexpensive. Also try searching the forum for beginner arboreals. I'm sure there are similar threads as this one.
I really like this one! I'm gonna look into it more, thank you guys for helping me!

AngelDeVille

Fuk Da Meme Police
Beware of the poop cannon....

I honestly had zero interest in arboreals, but picked up an A. avicularia and she is one of my favorite spiders. She likes to decorate her enclosure with poop..

Felion

Arachnopeon
Beware of the poop cannon....

I honestly had zero interest in arboreals, but picked up an A. avicularia and she is one of my favorite spiders. She likes to decorate her enclosure with poop..

Lovely haha, I can't wait to get a tarantula! Arboreal species are just so cool imo.

Dragondrool

Arachnosquire
Hello everyone! I really want to get into tarantulas, as they are really fascinating to watch. I would really like a good arboreal tarantula that's for more beginners like me, any suggestions?
A. Avicularia of course! In my experience, very calm and patient with me. With every molt they get fluffier, and their pink toes and mouth are super cute.

Attachments

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I have an avic because there one of my favorites. Great even for beginners!!!

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Avicularia avicularia/Avicularia metallica
View media item 53410
Caribena versicolor
View media item 51441View media item 47156
Avicularia variegata

Read the following care guides before getting one (all Avicularia/Caribena/Ybyrapora have practically identical care)

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/avicularia-care.291340/

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/avicularia-husbandry.282549/

Torech Ungol

Arachnosquire
^This, for sure. Absolutely make sure to read these threads! While these tarantulas are good beginner arboreals, they aren't super forgiving of husbandry errors, so make sure you read these.

Felion

Arachnopeon
^This, for sure. Absolutely make sure to read these threads! While these tarantulas are good beginner arboreals, they aren't super forgiving of husbandry errors, so make sure you read these.
Thanks for all this info! I really like the look of the Avicularia avicularia, very cute. I think I know which one I am gonna get now! Definitely gonna read those care guides first though.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
i wouldnt recommend a Avicularia sling to a beginner. a larger specimen would be ideal. (1.5"+)

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
Since everyone is going Avic. I'll put Tapinauchenius out there, either T. violaceus or T. gigas, especially if you're getting a sling. More forgiving of husbandry errors than Avics. They are fast, but once they feel secure it's not really a problem.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
Psalmopoeus irminia would be my choice. My 1st arboreal was a P. cambridgei, great genus.

Sykomp

Arachnopeon
Psalmopoeus irminia would be my choice. My 1st arboreal was a P. cambridgei, great genus.
Psalmos are great! I have three, and for me they have been the easiest T's to keep. I'm unsure though would I recommend psalmo as a first tarantula, they are very fast and kind of bolty in a twitchy way, and the bite is said to be quite bad (they lack the urticating setae, so more potent venom).

I'd personally recommend going with an avic (or C. versicolor) rather than psalmo, if the first arboreal is also the first T.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Caribena versicolor. For me adult females are the most beautiful tarantulas in the world. Stunning colours and fluffy to boot. My lass is out regularly and is a great eater.