Good beginer Centipede

zyphonix223

Arachnosquire
Hey guys, my friend is looking for a centipede. Something that will grow decently large, eats really well and has venom that isn't too severe. (like an OW's venom) So something like the A. Geniculata of Centipedes. Thanks :)

hecklad

Arachnosquire
Polymorpha is the go-to for weak venom and decent size but to be honest, unless you're planning on handling it (which is generally not recommended, but definitely more safe with some species), it really doesn't matter what species you get as long as it is in an escape proof enclosure. My first pede was (and still is) a dehaani, he's out almost every night and eats every time I attempt to feed it (which is once a week). Dehaanis also can get up to 10 inches which is pretty awesome and they're cheap as well

NYAN

Arachnoking
In Canada your options are pretty limited. Ethmostigmus trigonopodus ans Scolopendra polymorpha are offered over there.

NMWAPBT

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I asked this question not to long ago and decided to go with scolopendra polymorpha as opposed to cingulata or e. Trigonopodus. Polymorpha are readily available fairly cheap. They are rather hardy and come in a few different color morphs!