Good begginner arachnids?

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Iam confused. Don't tarantulas in the wild live in large spaces? I just wanted to provide a large space for the animal Iam keeping. Not only would that be good for it but also it would provide enough room to make a nice looking set up.
Yeah, but this isn't the wild. It's captivity. You can't leave crickets in with the tarantula...So you must place one at a time in there. If he doesn't find it then the cricket could later eat him if he molts or crawl out of sight, die and rott and attract phorid flies...Also with a terrestrial species you're gonna wanna fill up the tank up with dirt halfway or more so the Tarantula doesn't fall and hurt itself. Why you ask? There's trees in the wild that it could climb and fall and hurt itself? Well...This isn't the wild. We do things differently to protect the tarantula. This is basic stuff. You should research. Besides...large tanks are more work when you wanna clean them out and they make it harder to locate a Tarantula. Tarantula's don't wander...It's a waste of a tank.

PhobeToPhile

Arachnoknight
Besides, small tanks don't mean you can't create a excellent setup! Just look at TalonAWD's tank tutorials on youtube.

SandDeku

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, but this isn't the wild. It's captivity. You can't leave crickets in with the tarantula...So you must place one at a time in there. If he doesn't find it then the cricket could later eat him if he molts or crawl out of sight, die and rott and attract phorid flies...Also with a terrestrial species you're gonna wanna fill up the tank up with dirt halfway or more so the Tarantula doesn't fall and hurt itself. Why you ask? There's trees in the wild that it could climb and fall and hurt itself? Well...This isn't the wild. We do things differently to protect the tarantula. This is basic stuff. You should research. Besides...large tanks are more work when you wanna clean them out and they make it harder to locate a Tarantula. Tarantula's don't wander...It's a waste of a tank.
I thought they did. My friend has a rosy tarantula. It wanders around at night time. Part of the reason I was into tarantulas was because of a documentary I saw about them. Sorry I thought alarge tank would be a good idea.

I like invertebrates alot. I got into them by playing around with some millipedes in my old country. They used to crawl all around me. When you set them down, they wouldnt even hide from you. They would just walk about, find a plant. Munch leaves, then go somewhere else.

A while ago I was trying to figure what might be best suited for me. Then a friend just mentioned me a tarantula.

When I remember back in puertorico there were these two small stick insects. We didnt keep them. But they were fun to look at. I looked them up half a year ago and it said their lifespan only last 1-2 years. I looked up beetles and it said ussually 1year at most.

I looked up cicada nymphs. It said they last a long time. But that they eat sap from a tree. I love how they look and all. But I doubt they even sell these. i figured theyd be extremely small(thus beating the point because I have poor eye sight).

I liked centipedes because of their long body with thousands of legs(not literary thousands). But they scared me as well. The chance one of them could inflict alot of damaged to me shied me away.

I look up snails. I found out theyd be perfect for me. But when I try out a garden snail (helix aspersa?) the whole jar is covered with goo which was impossible to clean.

I used to own hermit crabs before turns out they were wild caught and only last a couple of weeks (in the petstore).

I look up ants. Found out that they are impossible to keep as a colony in a terrarium chances are they would escape and harm my house.

sorry. D: Its why I mainly got into spiders, well that and I like their colors and habits.

SandDeku

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Besides, small tanks don't mean you can't create a excellent setup! Just look at TalonAWD's tank tutorials on youtube.
So wait my terrarium that I currently have. The 18inch long by 18inch wide by 18inch tall terrarium(spent over 130) is it good enough?