Gonodactylaceus graphurus

schmiggle

Arachnoking
I wonder if it's really G. graphurus; I don't know enough to know, but I just read they're highly polymorphic, so it seems like as a retailer you could call it that and no one would really attack you for it. Either way, a beautiful animal.

What precautions do you have in place, if any, to prevent it from smashing the tank? I've read horror stories of water and shrimp all over the floor.

PGRVII

Arachnosquire
Dr.Roy Caldwell confirmed the species and sex for me. If thats proof enough for ya.😉
Ive in saltwater a good while and honestly the tank smashing thing can happen but is really overblown and a large species would be needed to do that. My glass is pretty thick and they just dont do it as often as people wanna make it out to be. Kinda how alot of things about tarantulas get over exaggerated.
Ive had Jables about a year and he is a pretty calm guy.
He is also on the smaller/medium end of Smasher species of mantis at 3.5" or so.
Thanks!

Last edited:

PGRVII

Arachnosquire
Update on the mantis. Ive had it over a year now and he has definitely grown more interactive in that time. Behaves differently for different people,he will sit and beg for food same for my wife,but once fed kinda is like eh with her. With me he will climb up the tongs,flick water,sometimes will bring me little shells and treaaures😂 I dont handle Jables mind you,cause,Mantis Shrimp. 💥
But it is definitely my favorite animal I have had in an aquarium.
Anyway enjoy!
View attachment VID_219530111_094144_214.mp4