gonna be busy!

Nicole

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I pulled my biggest A. metallica's eggsac a couple nights ago. It was huuuuuuuge, and upon opening and counting, there are 226 eggs with legs, and not a single bad egg! :eek:

And I still have another female sitting on a smaller sac that will be ready to pull in about two weeks. I'm gonna be one busy spider-feeder here soon LOL!

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Wow, thats a huge count for this species. Congrats.

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Definite grats there :)

You surely are going to be very, very busy, hehe

Nicole

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Pics, as promised!

Sac in hand, just after pulling it. She fought hard, and I felt really bad for taking it. I gave it back once it was emptied and she kept it a few more days before chewing it up and finally coming out for a big meal.

A peek inside!

They were still eggs when pulled, but started popping their legs that night. I used this image to count them. Colored them different colors in groups of 20 in Paint, then counted up the groups. Couldn't believe it was 226!

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ahh the sweet pitter patter of eye tiny legs x 200+ :)

Great pics and wish ya luck with all them little ones!

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Congrats! Those eggs look huge. Sounds like you need to sell them in 5 lots only. :razz:

Nicole

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Checked on the little guys this morning and most of them have molted into first instars already! So cute with their wiggly little legs :D

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
226 seems like a very odd number. I'd gladly take one, and then you would have a perfect 225 :) .