gone 2 weeks,b.dubias care?

william

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi i have about 300 or 400 b.dubia roaches.i will be gone for 3 weeks.no one will feed and water them while i am gone.i will unplug the heat pad.i thought i would put a couple apples and 5 slices of bread for them.and blended cat food.should i give them more?do you think they will need more.thanks

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think what your doing will be fine, maybe not the apples though, cause they will rot faster then the bread and what not. You wouldn't want a mold outbreak while your gone. Um, besides that just give them some water gel crystals if you have any, and if not just give them a little shallow dish of water with a small rock or 2 in it. Roaches are very hardy so I think they'll be fine. Good luck.

PS: This was in the wrong section of the forums.

william

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think what your doing will be fine, maybe not the apples though, cause they will rot faster then the bread and what not. You wouldn't want a mold outbreak while your gone. Um, besides that just give them some water gel crystals if you have any, and if not just give them a little shallow dish of water with a small rock or 2 in it. Roaches are very hardy so I think they'll be fine. Good luck.

PS: This was in the wrong section of the forums.
good wasnt sure if that was enough.thanks. ahhh should of went to [NOT SO SPINLESS WANDERS].:8o

Dom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I'm in the same situation.
Last year I left for 2 weeks and everything was fine.
I put them in the coolest part of the house. Certain apple types work better than others. I find empire macs to be the best I've tried. They tend not to turn brown and rot like many other varieties do. Just make sure you use good crisp ones and not ones that are a little soft in the first place. Carrots are also good. Water crystals are probably best but I forgot to make them last year. Got them sitting on the table right now so I should probably make them up before I forget again:rolleyes: .