Goliath pre-molt?

Waski

Arachnopeon
Hello people!! To make this quick is this spider not too bald? I know they flick the hair etc. It seems he wants to be a skins head :D could this be a sign of pre-molt or something.

Attachments

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I don't think that's a Theraphosa. Looks Lasiodora.
If so, that's too damp for it. They like it a bit on the dryer side. Once the bald spot starts turning dark, then you can tell a molt is fast approaching.

Waski

Arachnopeon
Okay thank you a lot. So if u have time could u tell me the difference between the Lasiodora and Theraphosa.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Just look at pictures, it's very obvious. Theraphosa are brown. Lasiodora are black. Younger Lasiodora are grey. Very young Theraphosa are grey as well but are brown like 2"+

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Lasiodora don't get as big as Theraphosa species. I hope you didn't pay 'Goliath' money for a Lasiodora, that would be an incredible rip off...

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Just a 5£ but was told its goliath
Ahh ok, then know, you were definitely NOT robbed of your money. That's a completely fair price. Sucks you were told it was something it's not, but it could've been alot worse. Theraphosa would've been way more than that.

Waski

Arachnopeon
Ohh oki doki its just i was told different and did all the research etc

14pokies

Arachnoprince
told its goliath
L.parahybana get big enough. Believe me your going to have a very large tarantula, 7-9 inches and built like a tank..

While it sucks you didn't get the species you thought it's still a very cool tarantula..

They are also much easier to keep than Theraphosa.. Keep them dry with a big water dish, snug hide and temps in the 70-80F range..

hamhock 74

Arachnobaron
It doesn't look like premolt, if it was premolt the bald spot would be shiny and black.

Waski

Arachnopeon
L.parahybana get big enough. Believe me your going to have a very large tarantula, 7-9 inches and built like a tank..

While it sucks you didn't get the species you thought it's still a very cool tarantula..

They are also much easier to keep than Theraphosa.. Keep them dry with a big water dish, snug hide and temps in the 70-80F range..
Ohhhh thank you a lot!!! That tells a lot. Also, why does it hace such a HUGE abdominal after eating a brown cricket seems like its going ti explode soon.

Cj Baker

Arachnopeon
This is my Male Goliath premolt going into mature. He's at least 9.5"
Had him for a year and a half and super easy to care for, mostly just stays in his burrow.

Attachments

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Ohhhh thank you a lot!!! That tells a lot. Also, why does it hace such a HUGE abdominal after eating a brown cricket seems like its going ti explode soon.
There abdomens expand after eating or drinking.. If you think yours is fat you should see mine..I feed my L.parahybana the excess crickets or super worms that my Ts don't eat for whatever reason.. It's about the same size as yours in leg span but it's abdomen is about twice the size. I refer to it as the Trash can. Lol.

I'll snag a pic when I can and add it to this post..

Here she is and she's all butt! 20170602_163000.jpg

Last edited: