Goliath food

addertay

Arachnopeon
Well i got a rather nice blondi
however she doesnt seem at all interested in food
i gave her a little time as i know how fussy they can be but this is my first blondi thats not been a piglet when it comes to food
now if it had been my crawshayi i wouldnt be quite so worried

crickets are a little small for her i tried just to make sure and of course she ignored them just as i suspected
so i went to prekilled fuzzys/pinkys however she ignores them
tried leaving overnight and i also tried tongs but no luck
not sure what else to try id rather not try the live method as most of the stores near me would be younger mice and i worry about the blondi and im not keen on the idea of feeding little mice live

i know theres roaches but no one here has them and i dont think id use many (could be very wrong if she likes them though) but the price of the shipping is a killer over the web

back in england i used to be able to get the larger black crickets and also locust but havent seemed to run across them in the USA

oh by the way temps around 80-85 humiditys right at 80 a little over with misting

any thoughts would be helpfull

heres a pic not good quality as its a bad dig camera couldnt get it to post i think you will have to copy and paste

http://community.webshots.com/sym/image5/5/63/8/67656308JacGbM_ph.jpg

cheers
Adam

Last edited:

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
Could not get the picture to open:(

Has your T molted recently? Maybe it is near a molt.

I have heard that some T's go off their food for a while to.

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Copy and paste the URL to get it to work (right click on it, go to properties, highlight the URL, and press CTRL-C)

DOesn't look like it molted recently. Maybe it's fasting for a molt.

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I find the art to feeding dead prey is all in the presentation... try and make it seem alive.

When I drop the prey item about 3 inches in front of the spider they pounce on it 9 times out of 10. They seem to love their ambushes :)