Goldfish

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey all,
I gave two of my A. chalcodes a goldfish last night. They loved them, and have been very active today. Goldfish, the other white meat. And they cost the same as crickets.
Is there a down side I don't know about ?

MrT

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
The downside with feeder goldfish is that many of them are massively medicated and this may cause problems with the T. I don't know if anything has been proven with this or not, but it is what I've heard. If you do feed goldfish, make sure that they are not medicated....

Scott

Bearacuda42

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Gold fish not good,,

;P ;P :} I sure wouldnt feed the gold fish to your Ts as yes they do have medication on them and almost all gold fish that are used as feeders for other animals have been in water that has been treated and most are treated with a chemical called copper sulfate also malachite green and man that will kill a T slowly.. And there is always water treatment chemicals that will be on the fishes skin.. Sorry but i would never feed my Ts one... If ya do wana keep doing this then keep the goldfish in a tank with water that has been sitting around for about a week and put a 2 teaspoon fulls of regular no iodized table salt in the water and let them be in that for few days .. that will clean the fish of any chemicals.. Hope this helps ya.. I got alota show gold fish what can i say...Hehehehehe!! ;P ;P :D

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well, I learn something new here every day. My son bought the fish for his Nile Monitor. Hopefully one goldfish won't kill the T's. If so, I'll post it.
MrT::8o