Golden Phoenix Exotica

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
This is just a heads up about Golden Phoenix Exotica.

I ordered some books ($50 worth) from them (Darrin I guess) on 2/13/2007. I didn't hear any thing for a month, so I called him. He said that he didn't get a shipment from one of his suppliers, but that I should receive my books soon.

Last week (about 6 weeks after placing the order) I called and asked when he thought I would get my books. He told me that, he was temporarily getting out of the spider business. He gave a reason, but I don't feel it my place to divulge that.

He said he would just credit my paypal account. That was about a week ago and I haven't received the refund yet.

He seems respected here and I'm not trying to make negative feedback, so much as give warning. If you're thinking of purchasing anything from him, it definitely would be wise to call and talk to him first, before sending him any money.

I'll post back about the status of my refund.

Goanna

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This is just a heads up about Golden Phoenix Exotica.

I ordered some books ($50 worth) from them (Darrin I guess) on 2/13/2007. I didn't hear any thing for a month, so I called him. He said that he didn't get a shipment from one of his suppliers, but that I should receive my books soon.

Last week (about 6 weeks after placing the order) I called and asked when he thought I would get my books. He told me that, he was temporarily getting out of the spider business. He gave a reason, but I don't feel it my place to divulge that.

He said he would just credit my paypal account. That was about a week ago and I haven't received the refund yet.

He seems respected here and I'm not trying to make negative feedback, so much as give warning. If you're thinking of purchasing anything from him, it definitely would be wise to call and talk to him first, before sending him any money.

I'll post back about the status of my refund.
I talked to him about week ago and he just told me he was on vacation. He said he'll be back answering emails and shipping orders in the next few weeks.

I really wanted to order some stuff from him but I have a feeling the list on his site hasnt been updated in a while, so I probably wont even get what I am looking for :(.

He really should put a notice up on the site though, as people can just use the paypal cart and place orders even though he's not filling them now, and the stock list might not be up to date.

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Just wanted to say that I did get a refund.

Boo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I talked to him about week ago and he just told me he was on vacation. He said he'll be back answering emails and shipping orders in the next few weeks.

I really wanted to order some stuff from him but I have a feeling the list on his site hasnt been updated in a while, so I probably wont even get what I am looking for :(.

He really should put a notice up on the site though, as people can just use the paypal cart and place orders even though he's not filling them now, and the stock list might not be up to date.

He has a vacation sign up now :)

gphx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Taking a break

After nearly a decade of serving our clients and the community in various roles we're taking an extended hiatus, some time for ourselves. Among other things, this may include a relocation and addressing health issues and family emergencies.

Please note that our Order page has been removed and replaced with a notice that we are on break.

Because of the way internet browsers work some people will still be able to see the old page from their browser cache and even place orders though the page no longer exists. This is something we cannot change on our end and because of it we still receive a relatively high volume of calls and orders even though we're on break and aren't supposed to be processing them at the moment.

Orders that come in anyway while we are closed and our Order page is down are currently being refunded periodically but even if we should be unavailable to do so the Paypal payment system provides full protection and ability to receive a complete refund.

Sometimes life takes priority over bugs but they're too fascinating to stay away from so we expect to be back selling them in one form or another sooner than you might think.