• The Review forums are closed to new reviews.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews.

Information on how to use our new Reviews section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Golden Phoenix Exotica (www.goldenphoenixexotica.com)

Clay

Arachnopeon
We ordered 3 tarantulas from Darrin and they all arrived in wonderful shape, one was even a lot bigger than the size we paid for :) He was very prompt with his email communications and sent our order out exactly when he said he would. I am very happy with the service we got from him. We will be doing business with him again in the future and I would recommend him to anyone.

Clay

JPost

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Positive.

POSITIVE

I ordered 1 P. Murinus tarantula and 1 H. arizonensis scorpion. They were shipped on the day that I was told and arrived in great condition. The p. murinus even had a successful molt on the way here.

The prices were great and the site was easy to maneuver through to pick out a selection.

The only problem I had was I originally I wanted a H. gigas sling but it turned out they just sold out of them a couple days before. After they told me that, they gladly helped me pick out a new one so I decided to go along with the P. Murinus.

All in all, I would recommend this dealer to anyone and I will order from them again.

Thanks. :)

NYbirdEater

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Three thumbs up

I've purchased 31 scorpions from Darrin Vernier and one greenbottle blue tarantula. Besides his great prices, and active healthy animals, he answers all my questions via phone and e-mail and has given me some great info on the care and husbandry of the inverts I purchased. He even gave me a discount on a large purchase of the same species. All in all one of the best people I have ever dealt with and a nice guy as well. i highly recommend them to anyone and everyone who hasn't given Golden Phoenix a try. :)

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Positive!

This is the first time I've ordered a tarantula online from a dealer. I ordered 1 B.Vagans, 1 B.Smithi, and 1 H.Lividum. Darrin was helpfull with awnsering my questions and the shipments I ordered arived as planned with no problems at all. The specimens are healthy and active, and the package was wrapped very well. A great first expierence and I would reccomend Golden Phoenix to anyone.

One of my spiders even molted during delivery and was just fine on arrival. :D

Rourke

ArachnoProletariat
Old Timer
POSITIVE

I contacted Darrin last week. Although he was apparently on location in Hollywood, he got two emails to me within a reasonable time frame. I ordered 7 scorpions from him. I received notification that they had shipped on Tuesday. I received them Wednesday. They were well-packed (a bit too well, actually...took me 10 minutes to hack through the bubble wrap!:) ), in very nice shape; active and healthy. I notified him of their safe arrival in an email, and asked him a couple of basic questions, as I'm new to scorps. He replied quite promptly--this is AFTER he knew they had arrived safely, and the deal had gone well--with some useful information for me. I would not hesitate to buy from him again.

Rourke

Centruroid68

Arachnopeon
Positive

I ordered 4 c. exilicauda from Darrin. He aswered my emails and gave me the tracking number in good time,all arrived perfectly.Great prices too.A+
James

VesAn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Positive

I ordered a desert hairy and 50 b. dubia roaches from Darrin. The animals arrived within a week, were carefully and expertly packed in layers of bubble wrap, shredded newspaper and styrofoam. All animals arrived healthy and well, and I would recommend him to anyone.

Mark

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Great!
This is my first time to buy some books from Darrin
He is very nice and patient
Besides,If you have any Q about tarantula,he will anawer you completely
Thanks again

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
I bought 7 Chromatopelma and 3 A.versicolor and they all came in perfect health and were bigger than I expected. Awesome animals!!

Gsc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
POSITIVE

I traded some inverts with Darrin last week... He shipped me a 1"-2" Grand Canyon Black tarantula that arrived in perfect condition.... So pleased. I have done business with him in the past and always get A+ animals and service. Golden Phoenix Exotica can be highly reccomended to anyone looking for quality inverts!

stubby8th

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Golden Phoenix Exotica

I purchaced a Versicolor sling from Darrin in January. This little guy is an awsome example! I was plesantly surprised on her generally harty & healthy appearance when I receved her. I have heard horror stories from many of you, but let me assure you - Darrin is the guy you want to be dealing with! Very knowlegable, very patient and a pleasure to deal with. Darrin is a pro; received it when he said I would, packaged tight as a drum, and contents better that expected!
It was truly a pleasure doing business with him. He can expect repeat business from me!

Tom Ahlstrom (stubby8th)

Jaden

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Super Dealer and Human.

I bought a shipment of Ts from Darrin about 2 months ago. I think two months ago. Any way Darrin was there every step of the way. He even went out of his way to write me an e-mail asking about the Ts when in my fit of joy I didn't let him know they got there fine. That alone set him apart with me. Here it's been at least 2 months since I bought anything from the guy and I can't count the hours I've talked to him through e-mails. That's right folks he not only remembered me he also answered every question I had with out me doing a bit of business with him in all this time. Not very many dealers will do that (I can think of a few that will. Botarby8s, Krazy8s, E-Spider World, and SSW. Most of these people I named love Ts as much as me.). He also offered me suggestions on different ventures I plan to get into at a later date. The guy loves Ts that's for sure. That also earned him a high grade with me. Darrin keep doing business the way your doing it. Now your asking yourself would he buy from Darrin again? That answer is YES. I plan to as soon as I got a little more money in my pocket.

Last edited:

Predator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Positive

In the past month or so I have purchase 6 Centruroides Exilicauda, 1 Smeringurus mesaensis, and 1 Vaejovis spinigeris from Darrin. This was my first time dealing with an internet order for scorpions and it all went as smooth as can be. He was quick to reply to all of my emails. Currently all of the scorpions are doing fine except one of the Centruroides Exilicauda who is not eating and is flat as a piece of paper but he does seem very active. I just hope he starts eating soon. He has a decent selection of scorpions but I just wish he would carry more of the hotter scorps available. I would do business with him again.

EDIT: The 1 Exilicauda died yesterday. :(

Last edited:

Centruroid68

Arachnopeon
Golden Phoenix Exotica is Excellent

HI:
I met Darrin at the ATS Conference and he is a nice guy..I have ordered 3 times and each time I got what was promised.Overall I would definitely reccomend GPX.
Thanks
James

Last edited:

TheNothing

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I actually made a trade with Darrin, rather than a purchase
C. gracilis for V. spinigerus and V. confusus

Working around ATS Conference made things difficult, but ultimately everything worked out quite well.

C. gracilis were recieved (though second container wasn't noticed in the box till a day or two later) and the Vaejovids sent in return arrived in good shape, despite major shipping delays (overnight package took 4 days).

This was my first time doing business with Darrin and GPX, and will not hesitate to continue doing so.

TRowe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
POSITIVE

This was my first order with Golden Phoenix Exotica, and I am very pleased with the outcome. I ordered 1 Hadrurus arizonensis arizonensis and 2 Centruroides exilicauda. First off, I found their selection to be quite large, and competitively priced. Darrin is a wealth of information, and was always very quick to reply to my questions, even when they were not directly related to my order. The scorpions arrived right on time, were packed very well, and all are alive and intact. No missing limbs, wounds, etc... All are very plump, and appear to have been well fed. I would definitely recommend Golden Phoenix Exotica to anybody who values healthy animals and superior customer service.

Tim

darkeye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
First mail-order purchase from Darrin after an ATS Conference purchase (in person).

Email was professional and prompt, clearly explaining the shipping process. I sent and received several emails from him over the course of the transaction, and was not disappointed any at time. The 2 Smeringurus mesaensis scorps and the S.polymorpha (a replacement for unavailable S.viridis) were received exactly when he stated, and in outstanding condition. He threw in the last molts for both scorps, and provided a mid-flight snack for all 3 animals.

I would recommend Darrin to anyone looking for a professional with a solid understanding of what "Customer Service" means.

lezielsmith

Arachnopeon
Great Transaction!

I have to say I decided to purchase from Golden Phenix and I am so glad that I did. I ordered a
a. chalcodes
a. moderatum (BEAUTIFUL!)
b. auratum
I recieved my order a day earlier than expected, . . if you can believe that and all T's were healthy and in great condition. These guys are fabulous! I would absolutely order from them again. They have a nice selection of aphonopelma which is pretty hard to find. If you decide to order from Golden Phoenix you will not be dissapointed. {D

Last edited by a moderator:

TRowe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
POSITIVE

Another great transaction. Darrin is very consistent, provides excellent communication and the 4 C. exilicauda I ordered were in great shape and arrived a day early. Can't beat that.

Tim

MEXICOYA415

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Positive

I ordered a S. mesaensis a V. spinigeris and a H. arizonensis. All of which came in what so far seems to be perfect condition. He answered all my questions promptly and expertly. I ordered them all on the 19th and received them on the 21st. I would definately do buisness with him again.:clap: