Going to Mogollon Rim!

Rique

Arachnosquire
Hey everyone! Hope all are well. I am seriously planning a trip to the Mogollon Rim later this month or early August. I see the monsoon seems to be starting earlier. Rains setting in next week. Any chances I’ll find grantii??

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
I'm inclined to be skeptical considering how abysmal the rains have been everywhere.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Rique

Arachnosquire
I'm inclined to be skeptical considering how abysmal the rains have been everywhere.

Thanks,

Arthroverts
Not the happiest news...but somewhere inside of me I feel that an earlier monsoon means early emergence and flight times - e.g. 6 weeks earlier than usual. I hope so, at least. 😬

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Hopefully so. Ant queens might fly too depending on the temperature and amount of rain.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Rique

Arachnosquire
Hopefully so. Ant queens might fly too depending on the temperature and amount of rain.

Thanks,

Arthroverts
I’ll definitely hope for this. I hope I come back with trophies. Thank you 🙏🏻

Departing this coming, or next Monday...

scolopendra277

Arachnoknight
The flights have been terrible this year. you could find possibly queens, but they haven't flown particularly much. If you flip over rocks you might find a few queens.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey everyone! Hope all are well. I am seriously planning a trip to the Mogollon Rim later this month or early August. I see the monsoon seems to be starting earlier. Rains setting in next week. Any chances I’ll find grantii??
That seems pretty early to find grantii. I usually find them bookending labor day weekend - late August through early- to mid-September - but good luck! Maybe they'll be out early this year.

Rique

Arachnosquire
The flights have been terrible this year. you could find possibly queens, but they haven't flown particularly much. If you flip over rocks you might find a few queens.
Eeks 😬...I hope we’re all on the same page here, I was referring to Dynastes grantii. Can I get a ‘yes, flights should be good’?

Rique

Arachnosquire
That seems pretty early to find grantii. I usually find them bookending labor day weekend - late August through early- to mid-September - but good luck! Maybe they'll be out early this year.
Thank you for giving me some hope Chanda. I was noting an earlier than usual monsoon, I hope I’m correct. The rains are coming in on Monday and onward for that sector of AZ.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
If nothing else it's an extraordinary area geology wise being the abrupt southern end of the great divide.