Going on a trip, how to prepare T?

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi all. I need some advice on how to keep the water in my pzb's dish from evaporating too rapidly. I'm going on a 2week+ trip in a few weeks, and I want to make sure my T has water during at that time. I've timed the waterdish, and in 10 days it is almost gone. I will be gone for 17 days!:( A week without water is not good! Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep water in the dish? Thanks!

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Soak the substrate also and maybe seal off some of the enclosure.If you can keep up the humidity your T's need for drinking water will be substantially less also and drinking water evaporation rate low.Lower temps also if possible..low 70's will help.Doing these suggestions should have your T just fine for a couple of weeks...peace..

Last edited:

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thank you, I will definitely do that!

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You could also try a larger deeper dish, it should stay full longer.

Dean W

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
take a margerine container, or something similar, and make between 3 - 5 pinholes in it, and place it above the water dish, and fill it with water. Every fewtes or so, i drop should come out. Add more holes of needed. Hope that helps. I used that metthod from my veiled chameleons before.

PrincessToad

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I found little reptile water dishes at like a Petsmart. They are 11/2" deep and they are the automatic watering dishes. You fill up the 8 oz. container and the water refills to about an inch of water through a small opening into the dish. It worked great for my larger Ts and scorps when I went away for 14 days. When I returned they still had water. All the suggestions are good ones.