Going on a holiday for 12 days - Spiderling care

JLPicard

Arachnosquire
I was wondering if spiderlings would be okay living only on water/humidity for nearly two weeks. I have someone who can moisten the substrate every few days, but since they're teenie (about 1/4 to 1/2 inch) I am a bit concerned.

The fault is mine; I underestimated the addictiveness of the hobby and purchased some slings a few weeks ago without even thinking about my holiday (priorities, hahaha) Now I'm rather worried they'll suffer. :( They are my first slings. I have a fully grown A. Avic and a B. Albo and funny enough, I'm not at all worried about those.

jiacovazzi

Arachnoknight
Its good you have a person to check on them. Have them periodically moisten the substrate, keep them at room temps, unless its a more advanced species, maybe drop a prekilled cricket in there before you go to keep them satiated.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
They probably can survive 12 days without food, but I have never tried to let slings this small go for such a long time without it. Better safe than sorry though, so I would probably have asked the person looking after them to cut up a mealworm and feed them once.

JLPicard

Arachnosquire
Hmm, well, I guess there is no harm in asking whether my roommate is okay with feeding them as well haha. I've also decided to contact my local reptile/T dealer (whom I do trust) as well to see whether they'd be okay looking after them for a small fee. Like you said, better safe than sorry!

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
They can go a couple weeks without eating. I recommend watering everybody & putting the cages inside clear/white plastic bags to reduce evaporation. there's been posts here of people who've gone on vacation a week or two and come back to dry water bowls and dead slings/juveniles.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I was wondering if spiderlings
Your A. avic is more delicate than your B. albo. If both are fat, they should both be fine. As for the pet store, before you offer a fee, ask if they will do it. If "yes", then you saved yourself money.

If you do have someone to feed them, make sure you give them the MOST SPECIFIC instructions possible. A few people have done NOT done that, and ended up with a dead T.