Glowspot appreciation thread

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
The title says it all. Within a few months of having my starter colony of warty glowspot roaches, that I purchased from roach crossing, these social roaches have quickly climbed to the top of my all time favorite inverts list. I've observed burrow guarding by males, a social hierarchy, combat between males, tunnel complexes and tunnel sharing, mate guarding, food gathering, and I suspect a good deal of nymph care from what I can glean from tunnels next to the enclosure sides. It's fascinating to watch them at night go off on their adventures. I'm definitely going to spend more time studying their complex behaviors, and I'm going to have a blast Doing it. Plus they're darn cute too ;)

TLDR, if you don't have some, GET SOME

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The title says it all. Within a few months of having my starter colony of warty glowspot roaches, that I purchased from roach crossing, these social roaches have quickly climbed to the top of my all time favorite inverts list. I've observed burrow guarding by males, a social hierarchy, combat between males, tunnel complexes and tunnel sharing, mate guarding, food gathering, and I suspect a good deal of nymph care from what I can glean from tunnels next to the enclosure sides. It's fascinating to watch them at night go off on their adventures. I'm definitely going to spend more time studying their complex behaviors, and I'm going to have a blast Doing it. Plus they're darn cute too ;)

TLDR, if you don't have some, GET SOME
What... no pictures to go along with your "glowing" review? How disappointing! ;)

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
What... no pictures to go along with your "glowing" review? How disappointing! ;)
Well I just gave them a brand new enclosure so I'll let them settle before more photos, but here's a photo of one of my females and the alpha male :) and a quick shot of one of the smaller males.

Attachments

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I just gave them a brand new enclosure so I'll let them settle before more photos, but here's a photo of one of my females and the alpha male :) and a quick shot of one of the smaller males.
Now you have a new mission, buy some of those bioluminescent fungi kits from Amazon, grow them and feed them to your glow spots to see if you can make them actually glow. :p

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
I also REALLY love this genus, I got adult pairs of both L.subcincta and L.grossei from Roachcrossing recently, and I just love how they look! Handling them is quite fun, and they do definitely create semipermanent burrows, that the males often guard, so cool! :D Once my cultures get bigger and they get a little more crowded I doubt they'll create such burrows or have such a hierarchy, but still, fun to see it while it lasts!

Here are some pics of mine!

L.subcincta:

L.grossei:

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
I also REALLY love this genus, I got adult pairs of both L.subcincta and L.grossei from Roachcrossing recently, and I just love how they look! Handling them is quite fun, and they do definitely create semipermanent burrows, that the males often guard, so cool! :D Once my cultures get bigger and they get a little more crowded I doubt they'll create such burrows or have such a hierarchy, but still, fun to see it while it lasts!

Here are some pics of mine!

L.subcincta:

L.grossei:

Wonderful pictures! I'm in the process of looking to trade a friend for some of the subcincta, and I'm definitely going to have to see about getting some grossei, absolutely gorgeous. All three of these are just such must haves for me.

nepenthe

Arachnopeon
These are my favorite roaches too! Easy to care for and beautiful at all life stages. They also breed well at room temperature according to the person I got them from.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Wonderful pictures! I'm in the process of looking to trade a friend for some of the subcincta, and I'm definitely going to have to see about getting some grossei, absolutely gorgeous. All three of these are just such must haves for me.
Cool, hope you can get the subcincta soon! :D The grossei are very new to the US hobby and dwarf the other two species in culture, they are very large for Lucihormetica!

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As pretty as they are, I'm still really salty that they don't have bioluminescence.