Glomeris pustulata care and info

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Anyone have experience keeping these pill millipedes? Any husbandry info would be much appreciated, I can’t seem to find much in my search for care guides. Also, how big do they get? Around the same size as Armadillidium or a bit larger?

Polenth

Arachnobaron
I keep these. They're a smaller species, with adults more like 1cm (whereas Glomeris marginata are more like 2cm). Basic care is like other Glomeris, but they seem much more willing to eat supplementary foods (green beans and peas go down well, partially cooked to soften or use no-salt tinned ones). They're out in the open more compared to my other species and they breed really easily.

For Glomeris in general, I like to give them around five inches of substrate, so I can keep the humidity up... but they don't seem to bury much unless it's to moult or lay eggs, so I don't do a standard millipede mix. Just mix a few leaves in the very top layer and lay most dead leaves and some wood on the top of the substrate.

They're temperate climate animals. They're not as temperature sensitive as their bigger cousins, but make sure they're somewhere cooler in the room. Don't let them freeze though.

paumotu

Arachnobaron
I keep these. They're a smaller species, with adults more like 1cm (whereas Glomeris marginata are more like 2cm). Basic care is like other Glomeris, but they seem much more willing to eat supplementary foods (green beans and peas go down well, partially cooked to soften or use no-salt tinned ones). They're out in the open more compared to my other species and they breed really easily.

For Glomeris in general, I like to give them around five inches of substrate, so I can keep the humidity up... but they don't seem to bury much unless it's to moult or lay eggs, so I don't do a standard millipede mix. Just mix a few leaves in the very top layer and lay most dead leaves and some wood on the top of the substrate.

They're temperate climate animals. They're not as temperature sensitive as their bigger cousins, but make sure they're somewhere cooler in the room. Don't let them freeze though.
Approximately how much moisture do you provide them with? What about ventilation?

Polenth

Arachnobaron
Approximately how much moisture do you provide them with? What about ventilation?
Damp, but water shouldn't come out if the substrate is squeezed. I water one side only, so they have a gradient.

Ventilation is minimal. I cover the top of the tank in cling film with just a small gap.