Glomerida breeding

PillipedeBreeder

Arachnopeon
Hello,
since there is interest in my Glomerida breeding, I‘ll document it here.

Let’s start with the species I‘m keeping and which have produced offspring already.
In keeping:

Glomeris marginata WC ex Germany
(two breeding groups from different locales)
Glomeris marginata WC ex south France („red banded“)
Glomeris sp [cf. tetrasticha/intermedia] WC ex Germany
Glomeris klugii (ex undulata) WC ex Germany
Glomeris sp
[cf. hexasticha/tetrasticha/intermedia]
WC ex Germany
Glomeris annulata WC ex south France
Glomeris pulchra WC ex Labin, Istrien, Croatia
Onychoglomeris hercegovinensis WC ex Kalambaka, northwest Greece

Breeding:
Glomeris marginata ex Germany
(Glomeris marginata ex south France maybe)

Both of my german marginata groups (15 each) have produced atleast 10 juveniles since collection in fall&spring.
And interestingly, the group I collected first are from a population which reach up to 20mm, the two biggest dwarf all other Glomeris I keep.
The two unidentified groups contain of 2 individuals of the same species, housed with one marginata group (found together) and another group of around 5, which may be different species, housed seperately.
Glomeris annulata, which is known for being unbreedable so far, arrived only in a small quantity, ca 5 individuals, so I‘m not trying especially hard with breeding those.
Glomeris klugii are a similarly small group, containing 6 individuals, but I‘m trying to recieve more to increase my chances for offspring.
I‘m keeping all those species since atleast half a year, only Glomeris pulchra and the massive Onychoglomeris are new, I got them this week.
I hope to recieve more species until end of 2021 as well.

Best Regards,
PillipedeBreeder

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Very cool! Could you describe your setups and care regimen?
Also, do you plan on keeping any non-European species?

Thanks,

Arthroverts

PillipedeBreeder

Arachnopeon
Good afternoon,

of course.
I keep them on FS, mixed with a good amount of calcium and some crushed sepia. But that’s not the optimum, I should be using BS.
Substrate height varies between 10 and ca 20cm.
On top I offer specially prepared leaves, moss and lichen covered branches.
Additionally a small amount of decaying wood, but no white rot, since it’s barely eaten. They like brownish-reddish wood a lot more, both from decidious trees like beech, or pine.
For my Onychoglomeris I also added crushed, calcerous rocks and some bigger pieces. I keep them outside in a little shed in the garden with one of my marginata and unidentified cultures.
All others are inside.

Attached is a pic of one such breeding box, without the rocks though.

Best Regards,
PillipedeBreeder

Attachments

PillipedeBreeder

Arachnopeon
Hello,
after I revised the Onychoglomeris hercegovinensis breeding box yesterday, I can share some pictures now.
Their old container had 8ltr, the new ca 30ltr volume. Substrate height changed to 15-20cm.
The box is now filled with 60% decaying leaves mixed with decaying wood (90-80/10-20%) (originally Cetoniinae substrate) and 40% their old substrate, FlakeSoil.
Not mixed, but laying next to each other.
Incorporated in both are generous amounts of crushed sepia, calcerous rocks and calcium.
Part of the leaves(+ their frass pellets) I use for Glomerids (see pic in post above) were mixed into the natural substrate and sprinkled on the whole substrate as well.
I added the moss and some white-brownish rotten wood to the surface.
As soon as the leave start falling here, I‘ll collect some of those and supply them with those as well.
In case I didn‘t miss any, I‘m keeping 11 „adults“ and 3 juveniles.
This gave me the chance to meassure the biggest individual, which has a whopping 26mm/just over an inch bodylenght.
I really hope they like their new enclosure and start breeding soon.

It was quite lovely to watch them explore the enclosure, they seemed especially interested to the big rock.
I took a few pictures and recorded a short video as well.
You should find it by searching Onychoglomeris into YouTube.

Best Regards,
PillipedeBreeder

Attachments