glass cleaning*on ur terrarium*

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i was wondering, what do others use to clean the glass on their terrariums??
on the outside im sure windex will be fine, but what about on the inside?? some of mien have watter marks from when i mist them.. so what can i clean the inside of the glass with?? *watter dosent work well and i dont want to try windex*

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Waters is about you only option. You can us a very deluted solution of soap and water but you'll still be dealing with a lot of water and streaks. You might as well just stick with water and use some of that elbow greas.

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
vinegar - diluted- should also be relatively safe.. I've used it.

ordinary vinegar is a 5% solution of acetic acid. I use a 10% strength (1 part vinegar: 9 parts water) of that (ends up a 0.5%) just enough to help out.

I have a LONG hemostat and I use it to grasp the toweling, works great.
cleans the poop on the side of the enclosure well :)

but I'd stay away from using any commercial cleaners.

with the vinegar - spray the paper towel ( assumed that would be what you are using ) then wipe, dry with another.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
vinegar - diluted- should also be relatively safe.. I've used it.

ordinary vinegar is a 5% solution of acetic acid. I use a 10% strength (1 part vinegar: 9 parts water) of that (ends up a 0.5%) just enough to help out.

I have a LONG hemostat and I use it to grasp the toweling, works great.
cleans the poop on the side of the enclosure well :)

but I'd stay away from using any commercial cleaners.

with the vinegar - spray the paper towel ( assumed that would be what you are using ) then wipe, dry with another.
Thats a pretty good idea. Its basically the active ingredients in Windex minus the dyes and scents. I have also heard of vinegar solutions being used for mite control so, who knows, it may even keep the unwanted bug populations down.

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
water, then buff with newpapaer.. works a treat imo
the inks/dyes in the newspaper lettering actually acts as a polish and buffs up your glass REALLY well

TarantulaCages.com

Arachnopeon
Using water alone on the glass is usually best. Wipe with paper towels or even the newspaper as suggested.

I've found that using filtered, purified or distilled water reduces the amount of residue left from misting.

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have used watter befor, and atfirst it looks like the streks are gone.. but after a few hours thear right back :(