Glass aquarium for my T

Tinkerbell

Arachnopeon
I have a 5 gallon glass aquarium. It has an acrylic top with holes for ventilation. I'm concerned that the lack of cross ventilation might make it unsuitable for a terrestrial T. Any suggestions about how I can use this as a suitable enclosure?

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
Do you have a t or do you want one. You can probably get someone to drill small holes in the front

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Cross ventilation isn't as important for terrestrials as it is for arboreals, but with the right tools you can put some holes in the glass, I believe a diamond tip drill bit. That enclosure might be good for a heterometrus though

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have a 5 gallon glass aquarium. It has an acrylic top with holes for ventilation. I'm concerned that the lack of cross ventilation might make it unsuitable for a terrestrial T. Any suggestions about how I can use this as a suitable enclosure?
You’re overly worried about nothing.

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
Would work great for most medium to large terrestrials. Just please remember the substrate rule of no height greater then twice the tarantulas size.

So sick of seeing enclosures on this forum for terrestrials with little sub and 4x the tarantulas size to fall down on stupid decorations they put in the tank thirsty for instagram likes then asking "T fElL, wHy DyInG!?".

user 666

Arachnobaron
People keep reptiles in those small aquariums. I think your ventilation concerns are overblown.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
you will be fine. I have at least half a dozen set up as such SafeTLid 2.jpg

liquidfluidity

Arachnoknight
20210316_140215.jpg My T. apophysis "sling" loves his/hers. Being able to provide this much substrate also helps maintain moisture dependent species a bit easier too.
I'd say the general consensus is that as long as you're going terrestrial, you're good.