Given the Choice

Adan

Arachnopeon
So I am in a dilemma I have been given the option to get 3 more Ts and be done for a while. I know what I want one of them to be and well I dont want to say as it is a secret and super excited to get it, however the other two come done to two of the the four B. kahlenbergi, B. klassi, B. annitha (if I can find one) or B. verdezi. Let me know what you guys would pick and if you could sell me one let me know too haha. This is such a hard decision!!!

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
mmmm I am going to stay away from H. mac for now.... I am still pretty new at this haha
Brachypelma are cool, but if you're willing to put up with a slow-growing T like that... then get a G. pulchra! :D

Adan

Arachnopeon
Brachypelma are cool, but if you're willing to put up with a slow-growing T like that... then get a G. pulchra! :D
Haha I havent thought of that, but I would like to get a large selection from Mexico as that is a theme, even with my reptiles . This is my current colection
this is my current list
Acanthoscurria geniculata
Aphonopelma seemanni
Brachypelma smithi
Brachypelma baumgarteni
Cyclosternum pentalore
Grammostola pulchripes
Hapalopus spp.
1.1 GBB Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens

Get klassi, who cares about the other, just make sure you get klassi!!
I might have to get the klassi then, but why is everyone recommending it haha

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
So I am in a dilemma I have been given the option to get 3 more Ts and be done for a while. I know what I want one of them to be and well I dont want to say as it is a secret and super excited to get it, however the other two come done to two of the the four B. kahlenbergi, B. klassi, B. annitha (if I can find one) or B. verdezi. Let me know what you guys would pick and if you could sell me one let me know too haha. This is such a hard decision!!!
Id say get two of same species (whatever you end up getting) you might hit it big and get two opposite sexes and mate them in the far future....

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
B. klassi and annitha, agreed with Flexzone. Personally I like their colors the best out of the four you mentioned, but consider B. auratum and emelia, my favorite Brachys.

cold blood

Staff member
I might have to get the klassi then, but why is everyone recommending it haha
Because....

Because they're awesome. :)
Yes, because they're awesome. :happy: Very unique and there just so darn uncommon.

Klassi is one of my fav brachys
Who cares?? :bored: He's getting a klassi:astonished::astonished:

Haha, yeah, one of my favs as well, albiceps is another great one.

so the consensus is to get a klassi, now what about the other one haha
Who care's:bucktooth:

Id say get two of same species (whatever you end up getting) you might hit it big and get two opposite sexes and mate them in the far future....
Yes, just get as many klassi as you can! Forget the other species!!:D

Adan

Arachnopeon
I am focusing on breeding snakes (mainly boas) and would like to stay species specific with my breeding project, I just want a bunch of different Ts because I like how they and I find them interesting, plus I don't think the wife would like to know that there is an egg sack of 250+ slings in the reptile room.

B. klassi and annitha, agreed with Flexzone. Personally I like their colors the best out of the four you mentioned, but consider B. auratum and emelia, my favorite Brachys.
I will have to look into those too and I guess I will tell the secret..... my for sure T I had to get was the new Stichoplastoris sp. "Chiapas

cold blood

Staff member
The main reason people buy multiples is because it ensures females and allows you to sell the remainder, thereby paying for its self. Buying one at a time is by far the most expensive way to buy ts...although I understand that everyone has different wants and goals.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ah, going with these? http://arachnoboards.com/threads/stichoplastoris-sp-chiapas-mexican-stripe-knee.287337/ Good choice, but as of right now, care info is very scarce and they aren't even available yet. @Exoskeleton Invertebrates How's care look for these guys? :p
Very hungry took down a large prey. I was told that these species will reach 14cm. These species are available the people that are selling them are Francisco Torres, Chris Young http://k8inverts.com/ and Joe Rossi and maybe one more person. As for me I won't be selling any of mine.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Get klassi, who cares about the other, just make sure you get klassi!!
Klassi ' cause they are classy.. see what I did there ? muahahahaha

Things are getting punny up in here lol.

The problem with this is males and females mature at a hugely different rate. When a male matures, it's female counterpart, even from the same sac, will take another year for some species and 3 years for others to mature. By the time the female has matured, the male has most likely passed from old age or attempted post ultimate molt. It is better to buy in multiples. 10 at a time for the best chance of getting a female, and send the males as they mature out on breeding loans. When a breeder has a female produce a sac from a pairing with one of your males, then, depending on the terms of the loan agreement, you can trade "your" slings from the sac to acquire new species. ;)