Giselle's Cute Face

SFA

Arachnoknight
This is Giselle, she has the cutest face. And was actually being cooperative, unlike the others who find the camera terrifying :)

DSC_0191_1.JPG

Lain

Arachnopeon
Awww! She is so beautiful! Love those big dark eyes spots and her purple highlights! What species is she?

SFA

Arachnoknight
Awww! She is so beautiful! Love those big dark eyes spots and her purple highlights! What species is she?
Thank you!! She is a Florida Ivory (chicobolus spinigerus).

Lain

Arachnopeon
Awesome! I think I am going to have to get one for myself!!

Jeff23

Arachnolord
What level would you rate care for this species (Advanced, Intermediate, Beginner)? I already have tarantulas that have moisture requirements so I am not a beginner with general stuff.

SFA

Arachnoknight
What level would you rate care for this species (Advanced, Intermediate, Beginner)? I already have tarantulas that have moisture requirements so I am not a beginner with general stuff.
They're a good beginner millipede. Millipedes are pretty easy in general though, care is similar across species. But the ivories are considered pretty hardy and they're very active, so you get to watch their antics!

SFA

Arachnoknight
I also find that the ivories freak people out less than the larger species. Some of my friends have said they think the ivories are cute, but are totally freaked out by my giant africans. Not that I care of course lol!

Lain

Arachnopeon
Good to know that they are active and hardy! (I'm pretty new to keeping millies) Most of my friends are already uneasy about my "hobby", so whats a few more going to hurt?!

SFA

Arachnoknight
One of my other ivories, Kokusho, just did like a 3 week long molt and holy wow is she HUGE!

IMG_7463.JPG

7Fin

Arachnoknight
Wow she's grown massive! I had no idea ivories even went that big. Hats off to the millipede! :3

SFA

Arachnoknight
Wow she's grown massive! I had no idea ivories even went that big. Hats off to the millipede! :3
I know I was shocked! A couple of my ivories are that big now!!

keks

Arachnobaron
They are beautiful! And I'm a little bit jealous because they are so photogenic ^^.

DubiaW

Arachnobaron
What? That's not a centipede! Should have known when I saw the word "cute." :playful: