Giant white knee

shellyjanec

Arachnopeon
Hey I'm a newbie to tarantulas. I've seen online somewhere that white knee they web? But I've got a sling and they haven't webbed at all or is it a hit or miss if they web? Thanks

Isaax Critterz

Arachnoknight
I'm not sure webbing for white knee tarantulas is really common. They prefer to hide away in the hide you give them.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Hey I'm a newbie to tarantulas. I've seen online somewhere that white knee they web? But I've got a sling and they haven't webbed at all or is it a hit or miss if they web? Thanks
Yours will lay web silk down on the ground, like a web mat. They will also use web to seal their burrow. You did make a starter burrow I hope?

Use the search feature at the top of arachnoboards. You'll find answers to most if not all your questions.

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
As common names can be applied to different species, it’s helpful to use their scientific binomial name. You are referring to Acanthoscurria geniculata, right? They do web! Though mostly on the ground. If you are looking for large web castles, this is not a species that is known for that. Some slings burrow, some use hides. Mine burrowed for its first molt, but has stayed out in the open ever since. She makes a nice molt mat of web and setae before she flips to molt. There are many here that have these beautiful creatures and they’ve garnered quite the fan club.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If your T eats and craps don’t worry about anything else

TechnoGeek

Arachnosquire
I've kept like 15 of em. They don't web any more than your average tarantula. They'll web around their hide, when they wanna make a molt mat, or sperm web (males), and they'll web their prey sometimes. They don't web anywhere near as much as say a GBB.