Giant vinegaroon

chubsoverubbs

Arachnopeon
Just want a second opinion. Both female? Also, Anyone know of successful communals with these guys? Thanks 41DC9E0E-9C33-4BAB-89FF-E601620F5EB8.jpeg 72A942E2-1838-43B4-9ED8-62B540798D55.jpeg

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Can’t tell for first one but both appear to be female. Do you plan on breeding them? Not sure about communal but I doubt it since these are really aggressive predators after all.

chubsoverubbs

Arachnopeon
Can’t tell for first one but both appear to be female. Do you plan on breeding them? Not sure about communal but I doubt it since these are really aggressive predators after all.
I have read that females definitely cannot be kept together but males and breeding pairs do alright in some cases. To confirm if i sexxed them right i let them meet, about two seconds before they tried to fight. but all good i was blocking them just to see what would happen. I really want to breed them but unfortunately my luck of the draw got me a second girl

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
I have read that females definitely cannot be kept together but males and breeding pairs do alright in some cases. To confirm if i sexxed them right i let them meet, about two seconds before they tried to fight. but all good i was blocking them just to see what would happen. I really want to breed them but unfortunately my luck of the draw got me a second girl
I have a spare male if you're interested; I'm trying to breed them too but I haven't really been able to find a female.

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Also, can you get a better pic of the first one? I think that might be a male but I can't really tell

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Looking at it now, it looks like it might be a male. Did you get them from insectsales.com?

chubsoverubbs

Arachnopeon
Looking at it now, it looks like it might be a male. Did you get them from insectsales.com?
Rainbow mealworms. I order feeders from them and they are great with customer service and communication. Unfortunately I got busy and forgot to get another pic for you. I don’t have more belly pics but I’ll send you what I have of that possible male.

Attachments

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Did you specifically request for a male? Looking closer at the first pic I think it is most likely a male.

chubsoverubbs

Arachnopeon
Did you specifically request for a male? Looking closer at the first pic I think it is most likely a male.
I did request male but they said no guarantees as they didn’t routinely sex vinegaroons and weren’t comfortable knowing it. I’m on vacation so when I get home again I’ll get more pics of the pair and see what you think