Giant Snakes

YungRasputin

Arachnobaron
who else into giant snakes? all that Lacey act business sparked a fire in me to pursue my serpentine dreams - currently have a Peruvian BCC and a scrub python and am considering what to get for the next one - also have a ball python wild type but of course they’re not big lol

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
a reticulated python looks nice but they take alot of space up to house along with being on the grumpy side from what i remember

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
a reticulated python looks nice but they take alot of space up to house along with being on the grumpy side from what i remember
they have super dwarf retics for a long time. Small, and disposition not like the wt species from what I heard.

@Matt Man

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
they have super dwarf retics for a long time. Small, and disposition not like the wt species from what I heard.

@Matt Man
That's exactly what I've always heard as well. And, unless anything has changed recently, the price tag on the super dwarves is on up there.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's exactly what I've always heard as well. And, unless anything has changed recently, the price tag on the super dwarves is on up there.
I see morphs for under 1,000$, so normal phase should be less.

YungRasputin

Arachnobaron
i want a dwarf Burmese but it’s been über hard to find 1

also, as far as the real big snakes go, you should try scrubs - all the fun of a big snake with none of the girth - mine is docile AF

VaporRyder

Arachnoknight
I’ve owned 2 wild style super dwarfs from a respected breeder, lovely snakes. Would highly recommend! Paid about a grand for the pair in 2013.

My 13 foot female, standard sized, wild style retic was a total cutie pie, I used to make like a tree and let her use my outspread arms as a warm branch! Most gentle snake I ever had.

The adult female Sri Lankan python (CITES) on the other hand was demonic!

YungRasputin

Arachnobaron
I’ve owned 2 wild style super dwarfs from a respected breeder, lovely snakes. Would highly recommend! Paid about a grand for the pair in 2013.

My 13 foot female, standard sized, wild style retic was a total cutie pie, I used to make like a tree and let her use my outspread arms as a warm branch! Most gentle snake I ever had.

The adult female Sri Lankan python (CITES) on the other hand was demonic!
Indian rocks were my dream animal growing up - i remember seeing them everywhereeeeee and then *poof*

that’s another big thing that’s been driving my snake acquisitions lately - between human-caused ecocide and silly legislations like the Lacey Act you never know what dream might go up in smoke

out of curiosity, did you acquire them when they were young or an adult? CB or WC?

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Giant snakes. To which women the world over are thinking, "You really need a reality check."

jc55

Arachnoknight
[
SO MUCH has changed! You need to go to one of the shows in the area.

I have not owned one for many years but the shows seem to lack a variety of snakes and seem to be mostly ball pythons.

VaporRyder

Arachnoknight
Super Dwarfs as hatchlings, full sized Retic as a sub adult, Sri Lankans as young adults. All CB. Managed to get eggs out of the Sri Lankan female - but they weren’t viable, unfortunately.

Ian14

Arachnobaron

@Matt Man
If they are pure locality super dwarfs then yes, small. In fact males are dearly more than 6 feet. However there are also dwarf populations that max out at around 13 feet. Mix in some morph genes and that super dwarf hatchling will more than likely get to dwarf size rather than super dwarf size.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If they are pure locality super dwarfs then yes, small. In fact males are dearly more than 6 feet. However there are also dwarf populations that max out at around 13 feet. Mix in some morph genes and that super dwarf hatchling will more than likely get to dwarf size rather than super dwarf size.
What’s your point?