Giant PinkFoot Millipedes

BreLeche

Arachnopeon
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone here owns Giant PinkFoot Millipedes. If so, could you give me some info about them? I've tried Google but I haven't found much there. Thanks in advance!

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
I don’t own one but look on Josh’s frogs. N. Americanas is from eastern US. Have a sorta humid setup with a 5 inch substrate. For the rest, follow basic millipede care and adjust for size and habitat.

goliathusdavid

Arachnobaron
Narceus americanus (aka Giant Pinkfoot, American Giant Millipede, and probably ten other common names) is probably the most famous large American species, usually reaching about four inches. Their color patterns can vary broadly geographically, and so you have many options when buying online. Same general care as all other millipedes, though they like a healthy portion of deciduous leaves and moister habitats. For more detailed info I suggest searching the latin name, as this will give you lots of good articles and salespeople.

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
There is the purple of brown or red. It’s not my thread but I was wondering if that is considered a morph or locality

MantidMaster

Arachnophile
Old Timer
There is also the offchance that "Giant Pinkfoot" could be referring to Dendrostreptus macracanthus, which is much rarer in the hobby. As for acquiring that species, it would be difficult, and likely at a hefty price.

Otherwise, I believe that proper care for Narceus has been outlined quite well.

I also recommend that when referring to a species that Latin nomenclature is used for specificity.

BreLeche

Arachnopeon
I don’t own one but look on Josh’s frogs. N. Americanas is from eastern US. Have a sorta humid setup with a 5 inch substrate. For the rest, follow basic millipede care and adjust for size and habitat.
Thank you

BreLeche

Arachnopeon
Narceus americanus (aka Giant Pinkfoot, American Giant Millipede, and probably ten other common names) is probably the most famous large American species, usually reaching about four inches. Their color patterns can vary broadly geographically, and so you have many options when buying online. Same general care as all other millipedes, though they like a healthy portion of deciduous leaves and moister habitats. For more detailed info I suggest searching the latin name, as this will give you lots of good articles and salespeople.
Thanks!

Madnesssr

Arachnoknight
I have several local that I keep. What kind of information are you looking for?