Giant male Tityus paraensis

donaldovic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi,
i wanted to show you my giant T.paraensis male! I also got some females, but they are in secret! ;-) I mated them two weeks ago and pics from that i´ll post with the brood!

Cheers
Karsten

MissConnie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
from what I know....which maybe not a lot but...isnt that one "dangerous" due to the size of chela? little pinchy pincers!:eek: big stingy?

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The genus Tityus has a few scorpions that will kill you, i haven't heard reprts of this species venom though

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
from what I know....which maybe not a lot but...isnt that one "dangerous" due to the size of chela? little pinchy pincers!:eek: big stingy?
In Tityus paraensis is actually sexual diamorphism, the females aren't nearly as elongated. The length of the claws aren't a factor as L quinquestriatus can have especially in larger than usual adults whopping length chela too.

Karsten thanks for painting green with envy. J/J :p

Congratulations BTW. I personally vote the male T paraensis the wickedst neatest looking scorp in the world.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Pardon me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard.

:drool:

So . . . ya gonna let us know when those babies are on the market? ;)

i_like_scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The last LD50 for this species found that it usually envenomates ip (Intraperitoneal) which means the venom is injected into the peritoneal cavity. Envenomating in this manner would obviously take much more venom to subdue the prey since it misses the vital blood flow of veins. The venom and the amount (mg/kg) was rated at 12.14 whereas LQ for example is .25-.33 with envenomation being delivered sc (subcutaneous) which means in the flesh where good blood sources (veins) are found. The study stated that this high number may not in fact be correct due to the method of envenomation and could be much more dangerous than the study suggests.