Giant House Spider Settling

Waliz

Arachnopeon
(First post)
I have a pet giant house spider in a big tank with plenty of Perfect places to nest and set up a nice home. I've had him in several different tanks with several different setups and he has always settled in fine and produced lots of webs. Although the last two legit set ups ive done with him and the newest one ive done just now he settles in a very poor location instead of the perfectly nice and awesome homes ive made for him. any tips on how i could get him to settle into the homes of my choosing? im getting tired of changing out his set ups and bothing/ stressing him out. Thanks!

The last two images is where he is settled. from the side shot he looks like he has plenty of room but he actually is very cramped. i would like him to settle in the 3 way cork log or the half buried hallowed barkwood in the center.

Attachments

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Poor choice for you or for him? Let nature do it's thing, it's not always going to meet our perception of what it's supposed to be.

Waliz

Arachnopeon
If we were letting nature do its thing it wouldn't be in a tank in the first place..

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Agreed with @G. pulchra , let the spider do it's spidering the way it wants to spider.

What do you mean by "house spider"? That can come across as practically any spider that could be found in a house.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Understood. I ask because there are dozens or more species of spiders called "house spiders", many of which are much more "giant" than
Eratigena atrica. Check out Heteropoda sp. That's why we always encourage people to use scientific names. Many times unnecessary confusion can be avoided.

Anyway, that enclosure looks too big for an E. atrica, and it is most likely, seeking the most cramped spots to build a hide on purpose. Many of the hiding places you constructed are most likely too large for the specimen to feel secure. I am not very familiar with this species's care requirements, so that is all I can tell you.

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
These guys are quite abundant in my place. I sometimes feed them with house flies. Very cool to see them come out of their hide holes to grab their price. One of them stayed in the same place all summer this year and got quite fat :).